No, at this moment and time I tend to disagree that the club is being "raped" (if so, how?). Titles are handed out somewhat later than summer, so I assume I'm closer to that. While I don't share your overall diehard scepticism, you'd agree that no-one of us knows what way the Yahoos' fortunes will take these next year-and-a-half? Both on and off the field. We can all indulge in our horror-scenarios (and many can't see beyond that), so why not look at one for them, with the Co-op loans and their ground deals might hit them hard too? Not that they are looking frightingly head and shoulders above the better teams of the top tier either ...

Have you seen the league table lately? Them losing in cups is little reflection of how far ahead they are of every other club in this country, including us. Add on another 3/4 seasons of CL money and they will literally be un-catchable for a generation. Pinning your hopes on some unforeseen financial misfortune for them is just as ridiculous as continuing to ignore what's happening at our own club. Hey ho.

Have you seen the league table lately? Them losing in cups is little reflection of how far ahead they are of every other club in this country, including us. Add on another 3/4 seasons of CL money and they will literally be un-catchable for a generation. Pinning your hopes on some unforeseen financial misfortune for them is just as ridiculous as continuing to ignore what's happening at our own club. Hey ho.

Doesn't take much money to win the league in Scotland. You just need to beat everyone else. We will be back quicker than most think.

Doesn't take much money to win the league in Scotland. You just need to beat everyone else. We will be back quicker than most think.

Time will tell, but I think it will be longer than most people think before we win it again. We literally need an entire new squad before we even think about winning it. We may well turn them over in the odd game, but our squad can't compete with theirs, and considering we struggle to break even in these part-time leagues, I don't see where the money will come from to improve the squad.

Any new share issue/investment will be skimmed away, as it has been for the previous two seasons. The same people are now pulling the strings as they always have been. It will take a few years before people realise what a crap position we are actually in. Nothing like losing the top league by 20 points to focus the mind of our support.

In the early 90s the Kelly and whites owned Celtc they only cared about their pockets.

Celtc were literally never going to win a league again while they remained. They had to be removed by a show of force from the fans that forced the banks hand.

The easdales Laxey etc are our Kelly and whites. No doubt about it. No need to wait and see while praying somehow Celtc regress.

Football never works like that, as they know and we know. And Scotland's status in Europe has been on the decline long before we bowed out. It took them a 90+ min goal to reach the group-phase this season ... against a team no-one one here has ever heard about. Who knows how they fare next season against (hopefully) better opposition? With their dwindling squad of championship hopefuls. They very much depend on CL cash and - the Co-op and land stuff aside - just wait for the time they run out of CL riches.

As for "pinning my hopes" or "ignoring what is happening" ... that is rubbish. I replied to gunslingers' post above and the date when we should try to look to challenge them for the title. By that time our finances have to be sound and all, hopefully breaking even while having a decent enough squad. We do not need to challenge them this or in fact next summer as yet. After that, the serious (footballing) questions have to be answered ... and hopefully have already been answered.

Amongst my friends and acquaintances there are two schools of thought:

One is that we'll be champions again fairly soon after returning to the top. It seems to be based on the belief that, as we are Rangers, it is therefore inevitable that we'll soon be league winners again. Not just that, we'll be better than before because the idea of being 'bigger and stronger' after such a long time away is reassuring. And Celtic - they might throw away their financial advantage and buy a team of duds.

The other theory going the rounds - a much more depressing one - is that Celtic are on for ten in a row; that the OF gap is growing into an uncomfortably large gulf, and that the damage from this period will take a lot longer to repair than is generally admitted. Today's crisis loan news wasn't a shock to this camp.

Who is right?

There is a noticeable difference between the camps. The first group, the optimists, were big SDM fans. They thought that we were so far ahead of Celtic that they barely mattered any more. The good times, they believed, were forever.

The second group, the pessimists, called Murray out during the good times. They became suspicious of his methods, noticed inconsistencies in his statements and were concerned about the state of his business empire - and their growing pessimism turned out to be justified.

It's almost a battle between head and heart, but I think the pessimistic outlook is where the smart money lies.

I think we're in trouble.

Amongst my friends and acquaintances there are two schools of thought:

One is that we'll be champions again fairly soon after returning to the top. It seems to be based on the belief that, as we are Rangers, it is therefore inevitable that we'll soon be league winners again. Not just that, we'll be better than before because the idea of being 'bigger and stronger' after such a long time away is reassuring. And Celtic - they might throw away their financial advantage and buy a team of duds.

The other theory going the rounds - a much more depressing one - is that Celtic are on for ten in a row; that the OF gap is growing into an uncomfortably large gulf, and that the damage from this period will take a lot longer to repair than is generally admitted. Today's crisis loan news wasn't a shock to this camp.

Who is right?

There is a noticeable difference between the camps. The first group, the optimists, were big SDM fans. They thought that we were so far ahead of Celtic that they barely mattered any more. The good times, they believed, were forever.

The second group, the pessimists, called Murray out during the good times. They became suspicious of his methods, noticed inconsistencies in his statements and were concerned about the state of his business empire - and their growing pessimism turned out to be justified.

It's almost a battle between head and heart, but I think the pessimistic outlook is where the smart money lies.

I think we're in trouble.

I think that you and your second group of friends are unduly pessimistic.

The only thing that's certain right now is that Celtic will win 3 in a row; 4 or 5 perhaps till we get back on our feet; but 10, I very much doubt it.

I think they will find next season in particular very difficult financially: high wages, falling attendances, quite possibly no CL money; a downward spiral perhaps. Sure they will be way ahead of us for 2/3 years, perhaps 4 or 5; but another 8 from here?