Forget The Barmy Army – Be The Rangers Army

Apparently 5,000 have signed up to Dave King’s barmy army which plans to hold Rangers to ransom by drip-feeding season ticket money to the club.

I use the term barmy army because, as hare-brained schemes go, this one has to be up there with chocolate fireguards in the dumbest ideas in history table.

What makes Dave King or anyone who is following him believe that they will be sold a season book on such preposterous terms? Which makes giving Dave King your season ticket money a donation to Dave King’s Ego Fund.

The reality is that Dave King is asking fans to give him and his Union of Fans their money instead of Rangers Football Club. It’s like me trying to buy a car from the Honda dealer by giving my money to the Ford dealer. Or ordering a Chinese meal and telling the delivery person that the money is with the Indian takeaway.

No wonder Celtic fans are peeing their pants with laughter, although their claims that Admin 2 is around the corner are based on fables from other fantasists. It’s funny how all the cretins who claim Rangers died are now affirming the opposite by averring that the club is about to go into a second admin. I blame the sectarian schools.

I see one or two on the forums have raised the possibility that Dave King’s real objective in his crusade is to claw back some of the £20 million he claims to have lost investing in Murray Sports. It’s no secret that King was quite bitter about his previous involvement with the Murray regime, even to the extent of claiming Rangers should apologise for the use of EBT’s and should make financial reparation to other clubs. This was seen at the time as an attempt to lash out at David Murray and as evidence of a deep-seated grudge held by King toward the former owner.

It has been put to me by an astute observer of matters Rangers that the securing of Albion Car Park and Edmiston House against loans recently made to the club may be a means of protecting these assets in the event of King’s convincing enough people that it really does become dangerous to the club’s future.

My own view is that many will sign up to King’s barmy army but will see sense when the season ticket renewal comes around. King may be left with a hardcore of fans intent on undermining the club’s progress but their refusal to renew their books will be a means of excising them from the club’s support. Hopefully others will come forward to take their place.

My view on this blog is simple: Give Graham Wallace the required – and agreed – 120 days to conduct and complete his thorough review of the club’s fiscals and logistics. Then examine his proposals. For the time being, get behind the club and the team.

Rangers fans like to talk and sing about being loyal and true.

It’s time to walk the talk and rally round the Rangers for the Rangers army is coming down the road.

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/blog-2/

If Wallace had asked for 1,020 days, the message would have been the same - give him time.

There are too many danger signs to do that. One minute our short to medium term existence is secure, and then two months later we're applying for a crisis loan.

It is a complete nonsense to wait 120 days before asking hard questions.

If Wallace had asked for 1,020 days, the message would have been the same - give him time.

There are too many danger signs to do that. One minute our short to medium term existence is secure, and then two months later we're applying for a crisis loan.

It is a complete nonsense to wait 120 days before asking hard questions.

Ask the questions, but the answers you want may not be forthcoming....

After the review period is up, there is no hiding place. I (for one...) will be expecting to see a very concise business plan put in place, and a detailed summary presented to the general public with the findings of the review.

If I put my season ticket money in that scheme and the club say 'no season ticket' then that's their loss. If it was just me then fair enough. If enough people with hold then we have a plan.

McMurdo may think it's barmy, personally I think it's refusing to prop up a board who are destroying our club. I'm not willing to go through this all over again. Those at the top get richer, it's the average fan & the small business who get shafted. NO MORE.

"It has been put to me by an astute observer of matters Rangers that the securing of Albion Car Park and Edmiston House against loans recently made to the club may be a means of protecting these assets in the event of King’s convincing enough people that it really does become dangerous to the club’s future."

lol

When questioning King's motivation, you'd have to ask yourself why he'd want to recoup his £20m by playing a charade with the Rangers family? What exactly would he do with the money? If he's as fabulously rich as we are led to believe then what would he do with another £20m and is it worth the infamy?

King is getting on a bit in life, made his money and fought his greatest fight - what is it do you think he wants to achieve before he retires? Even Bill Gates turned to philanthropy in an attempt to exorcise his incredibly negative image and leave a more positive memory of him in the world.

King is supposed to be a fan of Rangers like us so what would most of us do if we won £160m on the Euromillions? Would we try to make more money by grifting it out of the club we love, or while incredibly comfortably off with millions to spare, would we prefer to help the club back to the top of Scottish football and at the same time be remembered for it?

Just what is a suitable project for a 59 year old who is reputedly worth hundreds of millions of pounds? Chairman or some other leading figure for the football club you claim to love, does seem pretty popular with many others.

Like anyone, that doesn't mean that he is prepared to have the piss taken out of him by a bunch of spivs. It's his own game he is playing and he's a ruthless businessman after all. What would you rather do with some of your hard earned money, give it to a charity that claims to buy a starving village some food but instead the money is pocketed by spivs in control, or to help the same village overcome a corrupt leadership while re-establishing their own economy and be in charge of their own destiny?

Maybe that sounds a bit grandiose, but McMurdo's scenario makes a hell of a lot less sense.