Rangers board demand a meeting with King

Guest gisabeer2

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the board calling King out in public.

So far King has played things through the media. The details of whether King has actually offered financial assistance etc have got somewhat muddied due to conflicting media reports. The board have now issues an undeniable offer - "Lets sit down & talk". I agree that the general wording could have been substantially better, but the message is blunt & too the point.

I would like to thing that communications have also been sent privately.

The ball is now firmly back in King's court.....What happens if he refuses to meet with the board??? Many on here will still put the blame @ the feet of the board. If King is serious about investing or leading a fans revolt, IMHO, he HAS to attend the meeting. He must show that he is more than a "rabble rouser" & that he has a vision to take the club forward. You never know, the board may buy into that vision......

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the board calling King out in public.

So far King has played things through the media. The details of whether King has actually offered financial assistance etc have got somewhat muddied due to conflicting media reports. The board have now issues an undeniable offer - "Lets sit down & talk". I agree that the general wording could have been substantially better, but the message is blunt & too the point.

I would like to thing that communications have also been sent privately.

The ball is now firmly back in King's court.....What happens if he refuses to meet with the board??? Many on here will still put the blame @ the feet of the board. If King is serious about investing or leading a fans revolt, IMHO, he HAS to attend the meeting. He must show that he is more than a "rabble rouser" & that he has a vision to take the club forward. You never know, the board may buy into that vision......

I agree, King should accept the invitation and then he will have the chance to quiz the board and then can confirm any points of concern, then he can inform the fans.

King should meet them only if they meet his terms. If they won't tell him anything or agree to have a share issue then what's the point.

As it stands RIGHT NOW....what right does King have to demand terms???

From what we currently know, he has no stake in the club at all - does he even have a season ticket??? The one thing he does have in his favour is a certain about of influence within the support.

Surely a sit down, face to face it what King would want as well - why play "hard ball" (at this stage anyway...)

From what we currently know, he has no stake in the club at all - does he even have a season ticket??? The one thing he does have in his favour is a certain about of influence within the support.

Surely a sit down, face to face it what King would want as well - why play "hard ball" (at this stage anyway...)

It's the only thing this board will understand. But king can do as he pleases.

He had face to face meetings before the AGM which got him nowhere.

Face to face with the Board will resolve nothing.

It is the shareholders who have control.

It doesn't matter what faces are at the front, Mather, Wallace, they come and go and the same power behind the throne remain.