So we need a new manager to achieve what? A higher position in the league? A Ramsden final? A Scottish Cup quarter-final? Eh, no. Maybe a League Cup final but do we really know if someone could do that all with a weird transfer ban? I don't think we'll ever know.

At best you could assert that McInnes would be as good as McCoist and even then it would be a guess and a gamble.

There is absolutely no comparison. McCoist isn't even close to competency. Winning a league full of part-timers is hardly an achievement. They key factor at the moment should be building for the future.

So we need a new manager to achieve what? A higher position in the league? A Ramsden final? A Scottish Cup quarter-final? Eh, no. Maybe a League Cup final but do we really know if someone could do that all with a weird transfer ban? I don't think we'll ever know.

At best you could assert that McInnes would be as good as McCoist and even then it would be a guess and a gamble.

Play some half decent football?

I haven't mentioned a change for this summer, I am maybe thinking 2-3 years down the line.

The change of manager this summer would be a different debate.

McCoist won't last 6 months in the SPL, if he even lasts next season. Will never understand anyone who thinks he is the right man for this job.

If we don't get promoted next season, Ally won't be manager.

I for one don't see it as a forgone conclusion that we will walk the Championship - despite hoping I am wrong.

We will because we will spend enough to make it happen. What won't happen is success in the SPL, all the money in China wouldn't be enough for Ally to catch Celtic.

We will because we will spend enough to make it happen. What won't happen is success in the SPL, all the money in China wouldn't be enough for Ally to catch Celtic.

I share your cynicism of our manager's capabilities.

I just can't see our board - or even a new board - being bold enough to change things.

I share your cynicism of our manager's capabilities.

I just can't see our board - or even a new board - being bold enough to change things.

I don't think they will have a choice if the 10000 who have walked away from home matches turns to 15000 and then 20000.

I don't think they will have a choice if the 10000 who have walked away from home matches turns to 15000 and then 20000.

Fan pressure could sway things, but we shouldn't need to wait until it happens. Rangers needs a complete change of football ethos and brand new management.

Unfortunately, I think a King-run club is likely to keep McCoist in the job - and a McColl / Murray ticket would likely have retained him too. The present board probably fears sacking a Rangers hero and their own unpopularity makes them unlikely to do so.

It's a right royal mess.

I think it has now got a point where the board may win people over by getting rid.

Unfortunately, we can't trust them to bring in an adequate replacement, and if they end up being replaced too, their preferred candidate may not be popular with a new incoming board.