So we need a new manager to achieve what? A higher position in the league? A Ramsden final? A Scottish Cup quarter-final? Eh, no. Maybe a League Cup final but do we really know if someone could do that all with a weird transfer ban? I don't think we'll ever know.

At best you could assert that McInnes would be as good as McCoist and even then it would be a guess and a gamble.

But history will also say we are on 2 in a row this season with 2 titles. Also how many titles have we won??? Does it get added to our tally.

Sorry Gribz but we can't hide behind 3 lower league titles. They are part of our history that is for sure, but 10 in a row will be SPL titles. If the shoe was on the other foot we would all be claiming the 10 in a row.

So we need a new manager to achieve what? A higher position in the league? A Ramsden final? A Scottish Cup quarter-final? Eh, no. Maybe a League Cup final but do we really know if someone could do that all with a weird transfer ban? I don't think we'll ever know.

At best you could assert that McInnes would be as good as McCoist and even then it would be a guess and a gamble.

Another one who isn't getting the point and jumping to conclusions.

Potential new managers IF and WHEN we need a new one.

If it is correct that ally and co's contracts are up in the summer then the club have a HUGE decision to make. Personally i want them gone as i can't see the signs of a manager with a plan and improving. But i think this board and king if he comes in will bottle it and give ally another shot. Question is how long for next contract? Business sense = 1 year would ally accept that. The risk of tying him in longer with pay off etc would be horrendous. Time to cut the tie and make a fresh start

Was told that Aberdeen laboured quite a bit against Dumbarton yesterday and despite their rather fortunate wins against the Scum they also managed to hand Partick Thistle their first home win of the season a couple of weeks ago. McInnes probably got an all-round better team than most other sides in the Lawwellship as well. Just to take things a little bit into perspective.

I for one cannot see anything else but Ally getting a new contract in the summer, whether I like that or not.

From what I can see Ian Murray is doing a great job at Dumbarton, arguably a much better job than McInnes when comparing resources. I'd venture he's currently the outstanding young manager in the country.

From what I can see Ian Murray is doing a great job at Dumbarton, arguably a much better job than McInnes when comparing resources. I'd venture he's currently the outstanding young manager in the country.

Yep, he does indeed. The baggage that comes with the job at Ibrox this side of the Clyde is probably rather more demanding than doing what Murray does on the other side in the shadow of the Rock of the Britons in front of 1,000 easier appeased people though.

If we don't get promoted next season, Ally won't be manager.

I for one don't see it as a forgone conclusion that we will walk the Championship - despite hoping I am wrong.

Me neither. We have to keep in mind that there will be quite a number of teams about significantly better than what we faced so far: Falkirk, Dundee, Hamilton, Livingston (minus any of them getting promotion), Hearts and a possible second relegated team like Ross County or St. Mirren. No unconquerable powers by any stretch of imagination, but I doubt we'll sail it like we did this season. And I for one hope that we will see some changes to the club's squad during the summer.

Me neither. We have to keep in mind that there will be quite a number of teams about significantly better than what we faced so far: Falkirk, Dundee, Hamilton, Livingston (minus any of them getting promotion), Hearts and a possible second relegated team like Ross County or St. Mirren. No unconquerable powers by any stretch of imagination, but I doubt we'll sail it like we did this season. And I for one hope that we will see some changes to the club's squad during the summer.

This is a must for next season