A bad day for Rangers FC

Would be extremely naive to beleive that.

Naive of me to believe that PLG didnt leave because Boyd was backing Fergie?

It was known before he came to the club that he was a pretty strict guy, and he showed that very soon after he joined by making an example of Ricksen.

He again showed it by dropping Fergie.

Of course that played a part in him leaving, but IMO all these fans outside the team bus after that game shouting at him to go home would have been the more evident part.

Im not having a go at PLG, i never wanted to see him go and the team let him down badly with their performances and some of their attitudes. But at the same time, you cant overlook the fact that he just wasnt getting the results for us and that, over any manager or player, is the most crucial for me.

The numbers that I promised to a poster on here

source http://home.skysports.com/clubfixtures.aspx?clid=67&cpid=14

Here are the numbers and apply to spl games that BF started (one appearence was as a sub came on at HT with Rangers leading 2-0 v Falkirk)

Games that BF started.

won: 7

drawn: 3

Lost: 6

Games that BF didn´t start

won: 4

drawn: 3

Lost: 0

Other matches he didn´t play were in CIS

one win (Dunfermline,A) and one defeat (St.Johnstone)

and in UEFA

win (Partizan)

Naive of me to believe that PLG didnt leave because Boyd was backing Fergie?

It was known before he came to the club that he was a pretty strict guy, and he showed that very soon after he joined by making an example of Ricksen.

He again showed it by dropping Fergie.

Of course that played a part in him leaving, but IMO all these fans outside the team bus after that game shouting at him to go home would have been the more evident part.

Im not having a go at PLG, i never wanted to see him go and the team let him down badly with their performances and some of their attitudes. But at the same time, you cant overlook the fact that he just wasnt getting the results for us and that, over any manager or player, is the most crucial for me.

Sorry my last post was vague. I was agreeing with you and saying ackbar was being naive. :thup:

True but then stats will tell you anything you want them too. :rolleyes:

Doesn't look great, but not reading too much into it.

Was going to say the same thing.

Also you can't say that BF was to blame entirely for the results whilst he was playing but there could be an argument that him doing "too much" for the team actually hinders rather than helps the team (from a tactical perspective).

Me, being an accountant, stats only mean what you wan't them to.

Was going to say the same thing.

Also you can't say that BF was to blame entirely for the results whilst he was playing but there could be an argument that him doing "too much" for the team actually hinders rather than helps the team (from a tactical perspective).

Me, being an accountant, stats only mean what you wan't them to.

Agreed stats can be used anyway you want but when backed by the said word of people who had not seen the stats before they appeareed makes them more believable.