I'm sure behind closed door the SPFL/SFA are KICKING themselves. No doubt expected our cup runs to be similar to last year. Lets be honest, it was expected for Celtic to do better than they have - imo they are the ones having the poor season. Nothing but league is pathetic for them.

Considering it was Rangers fans who were originally unhappy with the cup finals being at Parkhead, it's nice to see that the Ibrox semi-final allocation has now worked in our favour. :D

Feeling quite good to be a Ger again :D

If Playwright, Jackie McNamara Junior is determined to confront injustice?

He should look no further than his old man, Jackie McNamara Senior. A talented young footballer, one of ra Sellik's Quality Street kids. A gilded future awaits. However, both Bob Kelly and Desmond Whyte found out he was a card carrying member of the CPGB. A season in the reserves followed by a move to Hibs. Fortunately, Jackie senior enjoyed a dozen year long career at Easter Road.

I'm sure behind closed door the SPFL/SFA are KICKING themselves. No doubt expected our cup runs to be similar to last year. Lets be honest, it was expected for Celtic to do better than they have - imo they are the ones having the poor season. Nothing but league is pathetic for them.

Considering it was Rangers fans who were originally unhappy with the cup finals being at Parkhead, it's nice to see that the Ibrox semi-final allocation has now worked in our favour. :D

Feeling quite good to be a Ger again :D

Please curb your enthusiasm!, the doom and gloom merchants will be on shortly:smokin:

Please curb your enthusiasm!, the doom and gloom merchants will be on shortly:smokin:

Well, before they descend, I agree with Mazza. I've got a permanent smile on today.

We've done well, and it feels good to be a Bear.

Well, before they descend, I agree with Mazza. I've got a permanent smile on today.

We've done well, and it feels good to be a Bear.

Ach I can't be bothered with it! I'm more forgiving of the team than most I suppose. I won't judge too much til we're in the SPL again where we belong. Besides, I think sometimes it's easy to be too hard and say but this is the minimum we should expect. Fair enough, but these are extraordinary circumstances and should be treated as such. Now to the end of the season should be enjoyed (providing we win at least one cup, we'll have had a more successful season than our hated neighbours).

I know a lot don't agree with my position and I don't always enjoy the games (who could with some of them) but seeing our team making it's steady way to the top is great. Remember, we weren't supposed to enjoy this. We were supposed to be quiet, and abandon our team in disgrace. We're supposed to quietly accept our punishment for being the most successful club. Screw that, we are Rangers!

Scottish Cup: Rangers 'massive advantage' over venue - Hartson

Rangers will hold a "massive advantage" with their home ground Ibrox hosting the Scottish Cup semi-final against Dundee United, says John Hartson.

The former Celtic striker said it was "unfair" and that Rangers should be in the away dressing room as "that will put the cat amongst the pigeons".

The Scottish FA has refused to move the semi-final to a neutral venue.

However, former Rangers striker Mark Hateley does not believe the last-four clash should be moved.

In October, Ibrox was named as the venue for both semi-finals, with the final to be held at Celtic Park.

Hampden Park is unavailable due to redevelopment work taking place to lay track for the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.

The Tannadice club made an official request to the SFA, but say the governing body rejected this, citing examples from Uefa as a precedent for a club playing a semi-final on its own ground.

Hartson said playing the tie at Ibrox would give Rangers the advantage, but Hateley disagrees.

The former Rangers striker said it was decided months ago and that it was the luck of the draw who got to the last-four stage.

United say they have been given a maximum ticket allocation of 13,100 for the semi-final at Ibrox - which has a capacity of 51,082 - having initially been offered 11,000 tickets.

As much as I hate to defend the SFA, this is getting stupid.

We have the home dressing room because we were first out of the hat & that's how it works. Grow up, unless people are seriously suggesting redrawing the semis until we end up with DUFC first out...integrity, anyone?

& given the amount of corporate tickets, it's not as easy as 2 stands each.

Shug's sounding pretty even-handed these days.

Given the climate were operating in, and given the Word Police, I'd better add that McNamara is sounding very, very ****y.

I never really thought that he was one of the ****y ones.

Only if even handed means being incredibly biased and bitter against one club, but also pointing out another going a step too far.

This is another one of these arguments that makes no sense when inspected for fairness:

"If Dundee United believe they can bring 20,000 supporters to Glasgow then let them be given the opportunity to prove they are as good as their word."

If we applied it to Rangers then it would read, "If Rangers believe they can bring 51,000 supporters to Glasgow then let them be given the opportunity to prove they are as good as their word."

Which applying the same logic suggests that Rangers have a claim for ALL the tickets (although I know some people won't get this as it obviously sounds wrong - but the logical point is that it's no more wrong than the DU claim which is obfuscated by misconceptions of "parity").