Well I guess it just goes to show, this regime are damned if they do or don't

damned if they do take out an extortionate loan and damned if they don't cancel it in favor of a better one.

sure they are.

your right though. as soon as they announced this non best rate loan they were screwed either way.

Not at all.

It shows their initial decision was a poor one and casts doubts on their work. Especially when the CEO said we didn't need such funding only a few weeks before organising the high interest loan. The Letham offer backed them into a corner and there was no way they couldn't have refused it. Under no circumstances can they given credit for accepting an offer that saves the club around £100,000 given they were the ones who nearly cost us that in the first place.

I try my best to be fair and impartial when it comes to discussing all the issues at the club and, FWIW, I'm hoping Wallace is doing a good job. However, in this case, he has looked less than convincing. Sometimes, you just have to say it as it is.

Given the number of people who have suggested otherwise, in terms of rates and availability if it had been discussed with other providers and/or high net-worth fans, then at best it was a bad oversight from the Rangers board; at worse, incompetence.

You see, I'd say that it was at best incompetence; at worst,.... well, I don't want to get you into any trouble, so I'll leave it there.

years ago my sister jumped into loch lomond and pulled a young girl out the water which was over her head. she was only about 10 and was a hero for 5 mins until it emerged she had lowerd the girl into the water just prior to jumping in. at the girls request i must say.

i may have been the one to point this out.

You see, I'd say that it was at best incompetence; at worst,.... well, I don't want to get you into any trouble, so I'll leave it there.

Haha - I don't blame people for being annoyed but best to keep the language temperate whenever possible...

I'm surprised at you using the word "regime " but I welcome your change of heart.

Quoted from Wiki:

While the word regime originates as a synonym for any form of government, modern usage often gives the term a negative connotation, implying an authoritarian government or dictatorship. Webster's definition states that the word regime refers simply to a form of government, while Oxford English Dictionary defines regime as "a government, especially an authoritarian one". Nowadays the political use of the word regime is most commonly applied to any government that is most of the time not democratically elected and imposes strict and often arbitrary rules and laws on the people that are, because of the undemocratic nature of the government, non-negotiable. English language press journalists deploy it selectively to cue their news audiences to view particular foreign governments negatively. For example, in a September 1, 2013 news story, Huffington Post reporter Christina Wilkie refers to the Syrian government as the "regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad"

excellent news. frightening it was ever put in place in the first place and makes a nonsense of the notion it was the best available after looking round.

we bit of good pr before the accounts?

IMHO, it was - as had been intimated to King - worked out hastily with regards to that pending court case / legal stuff, as far as we know Ahmad's attempt to freeze 500k plus. Could it have been dealt with differently? Sure. Now it has been solved, Laxey kept their face (and stood true to their word) and "the board" got out of that "necessary" if ill-fated loan.

After King's claim to pump 30m plus into the club, which might actually come to pass, this week looks brighter by the day.