Fears for the future at Ibrox as chairman David Somers admits:

So do you think in the course of doing a full review of a business he and the vast majority of the board were new to, that's unthinkable?

No but i personally believe the 120 day review to be a smokescreen to buy time. A good CEO could look at our state and see what is wrong within a matter of hours, maybe days. Most fans can see what our problems are just from looking at our accounts, it's not rocket science. I don't trust him. For me he will forever be tainted by his association with the current board make up. He is their man. Right or wrong.

Might sound evasive but sometimes that's what happens, makes sense considering a full review is happening.

Situations almost ALWAYS evolve, so it's hardly a surprise that it would technically make sense. If Wallace told us the planets in our solar system orbit our nearest star that would also be technically correct.

The guy doesn't have a magic wand, he suggested a 15% wage cut across the board but nobody wanted to consider that (as was their entitlement), he considered selling Lee Wallace but that caused an outcry. He's overseen the exits of Stockbridge and Irvine who were both believed to be on a high wage, and he's finalised Ally McCoist's wage cut.

He shouldn't need a magic wand to start cutting the Club's cost base. As I said in the other thread, he didn't even approach or address the wage cut proposals in the correct manner.

Stockbridge and Irvine were both toxic in the eyes of the fans, so they were toast at some point anyway. It was only a matter of when.

Finalising the manager's wage cut which had been agreed several months earlier before Wallace even arrived was a technicality which Wallace deserves zero credit for.

No but i personally believe the 120 day review to be a smokescreen to buy time. A good CEO could look at our state and see what is wrong within a matter of hours, maybe days. Most fans can see what our problems are just from looking at our accounts, it's not rocket science. I don't trust him. For me he will forever be tainted by his association with the current board make up. He is their man. Right or wrong.

Well he opened himself up for scrutiny by putting a number on it in the first place, I believe there's just over 20 days left. So what exactly is he buying time for?

The fact that even Dave King says they should get the time they asked for surely means you can avoid jumping to these negative conclusions right now.

The fact that even Dave King says they should get the time they asked for surely means you can avoid jumping to these negative conclusions right now.

Has it never dawned on you that Dave King could have said that to be diplomatic and reasonable, but also with his tongue firmly in his cheek?

Has it never dawned on you that Dave King could have said that to be diplomatic and reasonable, but also with his tongue firmly in his cheek?

King seemed to be abandoning any diplomacy with that initial season ticket statement then seemed to soften up a bit after meeting the board.

Maybe just maybe he's impressed by Wallace? As the likes of McColl were?

Well he opened himself up for scrutiny by putting a number on it in the first place, I believe there's just over 20 days left. So what exactly is he buying time for?

We are left to speculate, who knows.

Possibly mate though i believe King is being clever in his own way.

Situations almost ALWAYS evolve, so it's hardly a surprise that it would technically make sense. If Wallace told us the planets in our solar system orbit our nearest star that would also be technically correct.

He shouldn't need a magic wand to start cutting the Club's cost base. As I said in the other thread, he didn't even approach or address the wage cut proposals in the correct manner.

Stockbridge and Irvine were both toxic in the eyes of the fans, so they were toast at some point anyway. It was only a matter of when.

Finalising the manager's wage cut which had been agreed several months earlier before Wallace even arrived was a technicality which Wallace deserves zero credit for.

How can he cut costs so easily then? Sacking a bunch of backroom staff straight away would have him seem as heartless, we have players on contracts that they'll need paid off from as we're hardly going to get cash offers for the vast majority, then there's general running costs. He has to sort it out don't get me wrong but I don't think it can all happen yesterday.

You're looking at what he's already done from a rather negative viewpoint.

Might sound evasive but sometimes that's what happens, makes sense considering a full review is happening.

The guy doesn't have a magic wand, he suggested a 15% wage cut across the board but nobody wanted to consider that (as was their entitlement), he considered selling Lee Wallace but that caused an outcry. He's overseen the exits of Stockbridge and Irvine who were both believed to be on a high wage, and he's finalised Ally McCoist's wage cut. I think there's slow and steady progress being made but not all things can happen overnight.

I'm sceptical about the 15% wage cut. Reading between the lines of subsequent events, I think there is a possibility it may have been a 16.7% pay cut - ie not paying them for two months. On a £6m wage bill, say, that would be a saving of outgoings of £1m and negated the need for a wonga bridging loan.

I think he knew then exactly how short we were but it seems he may have lied about it. Whoever said the wonga loan was market rates was also pretty much lying - and I think it was also Wallace.

There may be technicalities where you could argue he didn't lie, but he certainly was not telling the truth as we know it. If he wasn't lying then he comes across as either stupid or incompetent - unless there is a better interpretation.