yes high stakes.

the board will have to cave to demands.

There will be a compromise but it will not include granting any form of legal security over the Club's principal assets.

Both sides will come out saying they have achieved their goals.

of course if this 120 day review is a damp squib and they still refuse dave kings money the money wont go into a trust really it will just drift away all together

that's a far more pertinent danger.

what will a board who predict sales of season books rising in there cash flow projections do then.

the real danger here is not a trust fund its our board.

There will be a compromise but it will not include granting any form of legal security over the Club's principal assets.

Both sides will come out saying they have achieved their goals.

if the fans demand it they will get it.

they may not demand it i suppose.

what will a board who predict sales of season books rising in there cash flow projections do then.

I agree with you on that, it is a very bold assumption indeed.

after making the appropriate enquiries and considering the uncertainties referred to above, the directors have concluded that there is a reasonable expectation that the Company has adequate resources to continue in operational existence for the foreseeable future. Accordingly, the directors continue to adopt the going concern basis in preparing the Interim results.

One really has to wonder about the nature of these enquiries; have they asked the UoF about their true intentions, for example, did they toss a coin or cut cards perhaps or go to see a tarot card reader?

And the auditors have made it abundantly clear that the going concern basis relies on these assumptions.

Emphasis of matter - Going concern

The Company has made key assumptions in relation to the timing of season ticket monies, the volume and pricing of season ticket sales, increase in matchday income and sponsorship, the timing and value of dividends from Rangers Retail Limited and further cost reductions.

It is 100% clear that given the threat of "season ticket holders divert(ing) payment away from the Club" the directors had two choices:

1) accept that the Club was not a going concern and all that implies; OR

2) make assumptions that would satisfy the auditors

a rock and a hard place come to mind.

Having agreed with you here, I think I'll quit for now and save my strength for the match review tomorrow.

I don't agree with everything the UoF say but I think that Wallace should be organising an open pre-renewal (and post-review) Q&A as a priority.

There are lots of questions to be asked of the current board and if they want fan backing then they should be prepared to be transparent and accountable.

How would security work? Whose name appears on the form? It can't be just "Rangers fans" and I'm not sure that it should be any of the existing groups.

I guess some sort of company is formed - perhaps with someone like Walter as it's chair - and the security is granted to that?

Not sure how workable such a thing is but, in any case, it's not going to happen as the club will need these assets as security going forward - no matter what regime is in charge IMO.