This is precisely why I didn't like the ideas being mooted about establishing a museum in Edmiston House. Creating a museum at Ibrox would only give them another excuse to do these types of things.

VisitScotland have agreed that this will be updated later today. :)

Edit: 15.45 - I see the site is now updated. Thanks to VisitScotland for prompt action, whatever the reason for the original issue.

Edited by Bluedell

Just wrote to my MSP, Fiona McLoed, who happens to sit on the Sport Committee, before I saw BD's post.

I am sure that you will be as surprised as I was today to find that Ibrox Stadium is not listed as a Football Stadium on the Visit Scotland web site, either under Glasgow itself or Greater Glasgow and The Clyde Valley, which does include: Cappielow Park in Greenock, New Douglas Park in Hamilton, Fir Park in Motherwell and St Mirren Park in Paisley.

Ibrox is listed as a Museum, which is strange because it doesn't have one; whereas Hampden, which does have one, is listed as a Football Stadium and the Scottish Football Museum has a separate entry.

Needless to say, the conspiracy theorists, of which I am not one, are already at work on possible "reasons why"; so I am confident that you will want to follow up on my message below to ensure that the necessary correction is made as as soon as possible.

Won't do any harm, even if the correction is in hand.

I doubt that the people dealing with it would know. It's not their area.

If I recall correctly it was listed on VS before, and a Google search brings this up:

http://www.visitscotland.com/info/see-do/ibrox-stadium-p559321

Maybe it's just the internal search engine that's been doctored. The page listing football stadiums certainly has been.

If I recall correctly it was listed on VS before, and a Google search brings this up:

http://www.visitscotland.com/info/see-do/ibrox-stadium-p559321

Maybe it's just the internal search engine that's been doctored. The page listing football stadiums certainly has been.

Nothing wrong with the search programme it's just RIRO. Rubbish In, Rubbish Out.

Somebody, when entering the information into the database, entered Ibrox as a museum and did not enter it as a football stadium. It's very simple. It's equally simple for the VS database admin to have a look at the logs and find out by whom, or at the very least from whose computer, the faulty data was entered or later edited.

VS is a public body, publicly funded and this is clearly a misuse of a public facility for private aims. If VS wants to, there is nothing to stop them finding out who did this and at the very least reprimanding them.

Nothing wrong with the search programme it's just RIRO. Rubbish In, Rubbish Out.

Somebody, when entering the information into the database, entered Ibrox as a museum and did not enter it as a football stadium. It's very simple. It's equally simple for the VS database admin to have a look at the logs and find out by whom, or at the very least from whose computer, the faulty data was entered or later edited.

VS is a public body, publicly funded and this is clearly a misuse of a public facility for private aims. If VS wants to, there is nothing to stop them finding out who did this and at the very least reprimanding them.

If this was done with malicious intent, it is a serious matter. VS should find out exactly why it was listed inappropriately, and then inform the complainers.