If this was done with malicious intent, it is a serious matter. VS should find out exactly why it was listed inappropriately, and then inform the complainers.

*if*?

I think there are two possibilities here. Either it was a middle aged granny from Lithuania, who has never heard of Ibrox or it was Timmy at the wind-up.

Which is fine; we'd do the same. But there should also be a risk attached at having a go at us.

It's a government site and it's also potential lost revenue for tourists arriving (ok not by much I would think but besides the point).

It's not about having a thick skin this one.

I don't tend to agree with the conspiracy theorists but it's hard to see how this could be a genuine error, if you know enough about Scottish Football to know that New Douglas Park is a football stadium, you surely must know that Ibrox is the same.

It may have been because we have a 4 star Scottish Tourist Board Tour rating showing on the site.

I suppose, it's also just about possible that it's been some kind of coding error but it has hard to dismiss the possibility that it was deliberate.

At least there is a picture of Broxy in the tunnel on ours; Celtic Park, Hampden and Firhill just get awful washed out thistle water marks.

I suppose, it's also just about possible that it's been some kind of coding error

Trust me. It's not. Code either works or doesn't work and would show all (correctly entered) information or none.

The 'best' case scenario is that somebody simply selected the wrong option when entering the info. In which case, I think we really have to start looking at the calibre of grannies from Lithuania that are allowed to work at VS. Between you and me though, I think we can leave east European OAPs in peace. We know Timmy did it.

Ibrox Stadium

FOOTBALL STADIUMS

150 Edmiston Drive, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G51 2XD

rangers_370706693_1194111065.jpg[ProductMain]

Ibrox Stadium is the home of Rangers Football Club and enjoys UEFA’s coveted five star status.

Ibrox has been the home of Rangers since 1899 and is an all-seater stadium with a capacity of 51,082. The main stand is a grand listed redbrick building while the other three stands are more modern affairs. Rangers won the European Cup Winners’ Cup in 1972 and have enjoyed vast domestic success in league and cup competitions since being founded in 1872. On a stadium tour you can walk up the famous marble staircase and visit the trophy room as well as the home dressing room.

http://www.visitscotland.com/info/see-do/ibrox-stadium-p956221

:yesrfc::yesrfc::yesrfc:

We know Timmy did it.

He/they didn't actually, Rangers FC did it!

This just in from Visit Scotland in response to my complaint:

Dear Alan

Thank you for your feedback dated 28 March 2014, regarding The Rangers Football Club Ltd business listing on http://www.visitscotland.com. I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment.

The web listing you refer to was requested by The Rangers Football Club Ltd, but created by VisitScotland. The normal process for adding a business listing on our website involves the business selecting the most appropriate category and, in this instance, The Rangers Football Club Ltd selected to be listed as a museum, with a 4-Star Tour logo as they operate Stadium Tours. Due to this selection, the business listing would not allow an additional ‘football stadium’ subcategory. This anomaly meant that the Ibrox listing didn’t appear in the ‘Stadia’ search.

VisitScotland has recognised this inconsistency and created an additional business listing for Ibrox Stadium. This second listing has been set up as an ‘Activity’ listing which does allow the correct subcategory.

I hope this response has been helpful to you and thank you again for your feedback.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I think we need to remember that the real problem for VS is not insulting bears, it's about having accurate and trustworthy information, whether this was deliberate, a mistake or something lacking in the system.

Still no takers for the HMS They're Actually Tims?

I mean, how much evidence do you need?

It's a tad like the argument for extra-terrestrial life.

However, I'm beyond the statistical argument.

You'll be pleased to know I'm convinced something's out there, and I'm keeping my eyes open.

:eek: