Now the dust has settled, how do we all feel?

Guest Thenorthlondonblue

I don't think the sacking was the smartest thing Murray has done, but also I am not sure PLG was up to the demands and tactics needed at Rangers.

Things can only get better now, and I hope the players (including BF) will knuckle down and get back to winning and playing for the jersey.

If we don't win against Dunfermline it won't bear thinking about!

Onwards and upwards. :thup:

I agree with you that sacking PLG was perhaps not the wisest thing at this time of the season but I'm not convinced that things can only get better.

If WS and AM are appointed I can't helpt thinking Dalgleish/Barnes and remember what happened there.

If WS and AM are appointed I can't helpt thinking Dalgleish/Barnes and remember what happened there.

The difference there though is WS and AM (along with TB) have proved that they work well together, long may it continue!

From what's being said in the papers today, its looking more and more like PLG was, for all intent and purposes, sacked or forced to resign. It looks like this was due to him obviously wanting away after struggling to get to grips with the Scottish game, but also the Scottish players and their mentality. Then you have the results and performances which left DM with little option apparently.

A few places also say that Smith was being lined up for the last few weeks which would make sense as it was maybe the only way DM could get someone ready to take over without it being leaked to the media.

Apparantly in one of the stories on sky sports news yesterday it was mentioned that PLG had requested to leave in September but Murray rejected it and asked him to stay and work through it.

If that's true then he's a F****N' COWARD and we're better off rid of him.

No wonder he made a complete BALLS UP of the job. also, it gives even more credence to the speculation that he manufactured this rift with Fergie.

I cannot believe anybody would want to back this spineless tosser. Who after only a few weeks, lost interest, totally disrespected EVERY RANGERS CAPTAIN there's EVER BEEN, by saying the captaincy isn't important. Finally.....blamed it all on Fergie, our CAPTAIN and BEST PLAYER and tried to get him punted out the club.

IGNORANT, ARROGANT WANK.

That's the last I'm going to talk of him. All my energy is going into supporting Durranty and Billy K on sunday and then Watty and Super Ally thereafter.

NO SURRENDER.

If that's true then he's a F****N' COWARD and we're better off rid of him.

No wonder he made a complete BALLS UP of the job. also, it gives even more credence to the speculation that he manufactured this rift with Fergie.

I cannot believe anybody would want to back this spineless tosser. Who after only a few weeks, lost interest, totally disrespected EVERY RANGERS CAPTAIN there's EVER BEEN, by saying the captaincy isn't important. Finally.....blamed it all on Fergie, our CAPTAIN and BEST PLAYER and tried to get him punted out the club.

IGNORANT, ARROGANT WANK.

That's the last I'm going to talk of him. All my energy is going into supporting Durranty and Billy K on sunday and then Watty and Super Ally thereafter.

NO SURRENDER.

Such harsh words when the most relevant of them is your first word.... IF

It hasn't been proven yet that he DID want away in September. Given that rumour there is also the rumour that if Murray backed him then he would still be there so, much like for the proverb "for every action there is a reaction" for every rumour there is a re-rumour (bad analogy I know) - but there are rumours abound and we STILL are not much closer to the truth.

we will never know the truth. But i did read a couple of sundays ago in a national newspaper that PLG was angling for a way out of Ibrox. didny believe it at the time but after all thats happened over the last week im convinced that PLG manufactured his own departure from Ibrox. Even if BF did undermine his manager the actions he took were in my eyes well over the top. PLG pressed the ejector seat button full well knowing he had made a total arse of this job. One thing is for sure, he wont be so bloody cocky the next time he goes job hunting.

There's been lots of rumours about PLG since last Autumn. His kids haven't settled, his wife hasn't settled, he's unhappy at the drinking culture, unhappy at the players not taking his diet seriously, he wants to manage PSG, he's unhappy at the players attitude to training, Scottish players influence etc etc.

No smoke without fire maybe?

Maybe craig. Seeing as a large number of guys on this board have decided that it's open season on Fergie, without a SHRED of evidence that he EVER did anything wrong. I thought I'd get my tuppence worth in there.

Speculation about September. Yes, maybe. The rest though is what I believe and how I feel about the man.

He brought NOTHING and hopefully he left with the same. :mad:

Oh aye, Fergie can GTF, I'm still hugely disappointed with him.

Fergie should be thanked for making a stand against the Frenchman and bring his incompetence out in to the open. The players obviously chose to back him.