If Hearts regroup they could cause us problems next season.

Talk of Levein going back. He will certainly solidify them and he has been there and done it within Scottish football. They don't have the same negative cloud over their style of play as a club, they have a young vibrant team eager to perform and do well, they all give 100% unlike our lot and they have pace in abundance unlike us. They also have a unified support unlike us.

We would be foolish to dismiss them but in all honesty we should always be too strong for any kind of Hearts team no matter what mess we are in.

A lot of teams will cause us problems, but we will win the League!.

Is that all that matters? What happens when we get to the big league and find ourselves out of our depth? Found out because we thought pumping cannon fodder over the course of a season in the lower leagues was some sort of achievement.

Talk of Levein going back. He will certainly solidify them and he has been there and done it within Scottish football. They don't have the same negative cloud over their style of play as a club, they have a young vibrant team eager to perform and do well, they all give 100% unlike our lot and they have pace in abundance unlike us. They also have a unified support unlike us.

We would be foolish to dismiss them but in all honesty we should always be too strong for any kind of Hearts team no matter what mess we are in.

Levein has been proven to be incompetent due to his international and Championship performance but he is 10 times the manager Ally is.

It could be an excellent league with Hearts, perhaps Dundee/Ross Co/St Mirren, Falkirk, possibly Dunfermline, the up and coming Ian Murray's Dumbarton, Livingston, QoS, Raith Rovs, certainly the most competitive in Scotland[/QUOTE]

Tell me you are having a laugh.

They damn well should go to the bottom tier if liquidated. A precedent was set

In an ideal world, then maybe, but we don't live in an ideal world. The precedent that was set in our case was while the SPL & SFL were still completely separate league governing bodies. However, now that they've merged both bodies and all 4 leagues into the SPFL as well as tweaked and changed the insolvency event regulations, technically speaking, the precedent set with us no longer has any real meaning.

Personally, I think they were in a mad rush to merge the SPL+SFL into the SPFL specifically because they made such a complete and utter dogs dinner of handling our situation. I think they wanted to set up the leagues under a single governing body so that they couldn't have another situation where the top flight clubs take a 'transfer of membership' vote like they did with us.

Now they have it set up in such a way that if they end up having a transfer of membership vote for another club it will be a vote between all 42 clubs and essentially it'll only be a formality because a 'yes' vote will be guaranteed. That means they'll basically just apply whatever sanctions are available to them in their new SPFL regs after a bit of chin scratching and humming and hawing under their breath about sporting integrity.

It could be an excellent league with Hearts, perhaps Dundee/Ross Co/St Mirren, Falkirk, possibly Dunfermline, the up and coming Ian Murray's Dumbarton, Livingston, QoS, Raith Rovs, certainly the most competitive in Scotland[/QUOTE]

Tell me you are having a laugh.

I agree with BH from a competitive standpoint. I don't think we will see CL type football but it will be the most contested league in Scottish football. There again we may make a few astute buys and outstrip the opposition by 30+ points again. Only problem is where is the money going to come from with this board?

My thoughts are that most of this should never need to happen if there were larger leagues, which per se guarantee more stability. Our smaller leagues and promotion and relegation are there purely on the whim that some people deem it to be more exciting. That's totally perverse.

In any other business, those who govern Scottish football would have been run out of town for their ineptitude. And being careful what I say in these litigatious times, my opinion is that Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster are the most inept people to have ever overseen Scottish football.

Can't argue with any of that. It's quite astonishing that Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster are still in their positions. The only plausible reasons for them still being in office are either that they've fulfilled their original remit and/or that they're being rewarded for helping to well and truly shaft our Club.