Other than Wallace and Jig I'm really not sure the players appreciate the club. Was told about players acting like spoilt brats a while back and then last Sunday Heggarty appeared in the WRC before the game. His mates were on my bus. He went about slagging off his team mates, training regime and admitted to walking out on a session because his hands were sore from boxing. Also said Ally never took a training session the week leading up to the Raith Rovers match. Not what any fan wants to hear, especially hours before a cup final.

That's a strange thing for a player to say in public, especially when he was pictured at training on the Wednesday and Ally was pictured at the same session in his training gear. In all fairness though, I'm really not sure how much coaching Ally actually does at the training sessions. That's something which would be interesting to find out more about.

Something else about Stevie Smith is I don't recall him ever being good at set pieces previously. Is this a new thing? He has only scored 2 freekicks in his whole career, both this season.

I'm not having a dig at him, it's good to be a threat at set pieces again. Remember the days when we had Gio, Albertz etc all standing over the same dead ball! Even Ferguson, Ricksen and Arteta were very dangerous around the 02/03 era.

Something else about Stevie Smith is I don't recall him ever being good at set pieces previously. Is this a new thing? He has only scored 2 freekicks in his whole career, both this season.

I'm not having a dig at him, it's good to be a threat at set pieces again. Remember the days when we had Gio, Albertz etc all standing over the same dead ball! Even Ferguson, Ricksen and Arteta were very dangerous around the 02/03 era.

It's something he has worked on, he always had lovely technique on the ball. He put the hours in in training throughout his career and it has been paying off. Just a shame he had to leave Rangers to get that in him but credit to him. Some of our youngsters would do well to take a leaf from his book.

Fraser Aird for example is the same raw kid we seen break through over a year ago. All those hours training and the kid still has no skill, still can't beat his man and still can't cross a ball. Where is his desire to improve his game or is it the coaching he is getting?

Ross Perry another, been at the club for possibly more than 10 years, well into his 20's and still isn't good enough. Why hasn't he progressed?

Kyle Hutton, has added nothing new to his game over the years training at Rangers.

Barrie McKay chose to train with his friends at a local amateur team to put more hours in because he didn't rate the training at Ibrox, also stating he prefers going away with Scotland to train because he gets more ball work and skill training.

Lee Wallace has worked under Ally, Kenny and Durrant for almost 3 years now, is he a better player today than he was when at Hearts? What has he added to his game or improved to a level where we notice a marked improvement? I would say no and nothing.

The set pieces Smudger brings are very welcome as you say we have been starved of that sort of ability for far too long.

It's something he has worked on, he always had lovely technique on the ball. He put the hours in in training throughout his career and it has been paying off. Just a shame he had to leave Rangers to get that in him but credit to him. Some of our youngsters would do well to take a leaf from his book.

Fraser Aird for example is the same raw kid we seen break through over a year ago. All those hours training and the kid still has no skill, still can't beat his man and still can't cross a ball. Where is his desire to improve his game or is it the coaching he is getting?

Ross Perry another, been at the club for possibly more than 10 years, well into his 20's and still isn't good enough. Why hasn't he progressed?

Kyle Hutton, has added nothing new to his game over the years training at Rangers.

Barrie McKay chose to train with his friends at a local amateur team to put more hours in because he didn't rate the training at Ibrox, also stating he prefers going away with Scotland to train because he gets more ball work and skill training.

Lee Wallace has worked under Ally, Kenny and Durrant for almost 3 years now, is he a better player today than he was when at Hearts? What has he added to his game or improved to a level where we notice a marked improvement? I would say no and nothing.

The set pieces Smudger brings are very welcome as you say we have been starved of that sort of ability for far too long.

All very damning. It is a disgrace what is going on at Ibrox just now. When Ally leaves will he just sack it completely or will he fail elsewhere? I honestly don't think he is fit to manage in the bottom tier of Scottish football.

Would another SPL team take a chance on Ally? I'm not sure.

One guy who did surprise was Peralta, for once he looked like he wanted it.

He always puts in a good shift, but sometimes he seems to try too hard and is just careless. Other than the odd mistake, I thought he did well for 65/70 mins today, but then he either tired or took a knock which effectively ended his game. He put his hand up while down after a tackle which was maybe a signal to the bench, but he got up and carried on. That was before they were gifted a third goal and it seemed like the perfect time to take him off and bring on Gallagher.

All very damning. It is a disgrace what is going on at Ibrox just now. When Ally leaves will he just sack it completely or will he fail elsewhere? I honestly don't think he is fit to manage in the bottom tier of Scottish football.

Would another SPL team take a chance on Ally? I'm not sure.

No one will touch him mate. This will be his one and only management gig.

He always puts in a good shift, but sometimes he seems to try too hard and is just careless. Other than the odd mistake, I thought he did well for 65/70 mins today, but then he either tired or took a knock which effectively ended his game. He put his hand up while down after a tackle which was maybe a signal to the bench, but he got up and carried on. That was before they were gifted a third goal and it seemed like the perfect time to take him off and bring on Gallagher.

I thought Peralta was outstanding today mate. I was well impressed with him and i have been a big critic of him. Today was a different player.

It says something that we have signed a player who has done pretty well yet his value has plummeted. Perhaps we paid too much for him but players at our club never seem to have any real value aside from standouts like Ferguson, Boumsong, Cuellar, Hutton etc. IE players that perform to a very high level, often standing out in Europe. Anyone a grade or 2 down from that never seems to be worth anything.

His value hasn't plummeted, it just is what it is. We paid £1.5m for him which wasn't exactly daylight robbery by any means and he'd still probably be worth that much (maybe more) if we were still in the top flight. At the moment though, he's realistically only worth what someone is prepared to pay for him (about £1m tops) because we're playing in the 3rd tier of Scottish football and also due to our ongoing financial issues.

His value hasn't plummeted, it just is what it is. We paid £1.5m for him which wasn't exactly daylight robbery by any means and he'd still probably be worth that much (maybe more) if we were still in the top flight. At the moment though, he's realistically only worth what someone is prepared to pay for him (about £1m tops) because we're playing in the 3rd tier of Scottish football and also due to our ongoing financial issues.

I had it in my head we spent £2m + on him. Even if we were in the SPL I doubt we'd get more than £1m.