Shockingly strong words dB and some very loaded generalisation.

It would be enlightening for the forum if you could cite those vitriolic examples, and let us know who those usual suspects are. Would you care to do that please?

As regards a narrative to expand on what a reality check should look like, no need to bother, I'll re-read some of your previous posts.

You can find the usual suspect/-s having a go at manager and player alike easily enough. I wrote quite a few times what our reality looks like and that people should attempt to accept it, before descending into their oh-so common, at times rather disgusting tirades of late. You do occasionally wonder whether some do it on purpose, so we can all feel somewhat more miserable.

Brahim Hemdani, whom I acknowledge to be a man of wisdom wrote this:

"He (Aird) has often reminded me of Alex Scott. Unlike Willie Henderson, Alex Scott didn't beat many opponents but he was a devastatingly effective player."

I quite like Aird. He tries and doesn't hide. But Scott he's not.

Scott scored three on his debut while still in his teens and a few days later got two against the Gunners in a friendly at Highbury. He was the most direct winger I ever saw. Ian McMillan would take out one defender with the pass, Scott would rocket past the second and deliver the cross or finish it himself. A hundred + goals from the wing.

So, yes, I like Aird but he's got a long way to go to stand comparison with Scott.

I agree that Aird can be very effective but I'm not sure the wing is his position , his timing if the run for Dalys chance was excellent and he is one if the very few willing to work the keeper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Handwringer Loyal
Id be hurting if I had to go back to Bristol after that also.

But your assessment is appreciated....just shows how far we need to come.

aye! ramsdens was worse but!

indeed the technical ability of the players isnt the thing that rankles. it's the desire, commitment and passion. im being too hard on aird in hindsight, he does try and doesn't hide, unlike the back four (with the exception of jig of course). i don't mind losing to a better team, i do mind going down without a fight. of course, ramsdens was way, way worse for that.

I agree that Aird can be very effective but I'm not sure the wing is his position , his timing if the run for Dalys chance was excellent and he is one if the very few willing to work the keeper

Aird grew up a striker.

Aird grew up a striker.

Many players have started out in a different position to where they are best suited , just saying

Many players have started out in a different position to where they are best suited , just saying

Oh i know mate, i agree but wee Airdy has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he can be a winger. The only relevant attribute he has to be a winger is pace and that isn't enough.

You can find the usual suspect/-s having a go at manager and player alike easily enough. I wrote quite a few times what our reality looks like and that people should attempt to accept it, before descending into their oh-so common, at times rather disgusting tirades of late. You do occasionally wonder whether some do it on purpose, so we can all feel somewhat more miserable.

You talk in riddles.

simonsen - after scumdee united i'm not convinced he's ever played in goal before

foster - i will gladly take him back to aberdeen myself

mohsni - ceased having a future after the ramsdens

jig - past it, time to move on

smith - are you having a laugh?

peralta - does this guy have a natural position?

black - should have been axed after the betting scandal, now he's just taking the piss with his performances

law - seems to think that the season ended at the beginning of novemeber and has since just stopped trying

aird - literally runs out of ideas every time he gets the ball. whiff of "run forest run" about him

shiels - the sooner he joins his crackpot dad at morton the better

daly - pretty sure he thought he was still playing for united the other day

A tad harsh on some of them perhaps?

Simonsen has been a top class goalie and proved at Forfar that he can still do it. He made a mistake yesterday, it happens. Foster makes them all the time, one of his cost us goal as well. Smith - one free kick a FB does not make. Peralta had a great game yesterday; he plays RB for his country but could do a job for us in CMF. Law, Daly, Shiels - agreed not good enough. Jig - agreed a good servant but well paid for his efforts and past it. Mohsni, a hot headed accident waiting to happen. Aird has the potential but needs some decent coaching and a rest from the first team. Black is the enigma. Has the ability to control a game and has controlled his emotions under great provocation all season; but yesterday showed that against a faster, fitter team than he has been playing against this season he needs to step up his game and needs a better player than Law to help. McLeod might be that player. Templeton has been our biggest miss the last two weeks; the one genuine quality attacker we have, but need wrapped in cotton wool.

Oh and Barry McKay to play up front with Clark perhaps; but he (McKay) may have burned his bridges unless we get a new manager.