We need to gut the fucking lot. You must see this mate?

Yes but that isn't going to happen unless a serious amount of cash is invested. As mentioned many times at the start of last season we had a chance to lay a bit of vision in a long term footballing strategy and we didn't take it. We would still have went up 2 leagues. But now we are going to struggle for a few years.

Sorry, SBS, I really meant Law and have amended that post; but added comment about Daly.

You make a very valid point in that Law has regressed but he's not an old firm level player in the first place regardless of form. He was playing in the lower leagues of England 2 or 3 years ago and it shows.

For the level we're at on paper he may have appeared a good signing, but we should have been focusing all our resources on youngsters that could develop and cause a threat to Celtic and lower Europa League sides in the future. I don't even mention the Champions League because I don;'t see us beating anyone in that in the next 10 years.

Yes but that isn't going to happen unless a serious amount of cash is invested. As mentioned many times at the start of last season we had a chance to lay a bit of vision in a long term footballing strategy and we didn't take it. We would still have went up 2 leagues. But now we are going to struggle for a few years.

Regards to the youth vision, as you know you are preaching to the choir. I think the only realistic hope I have for us is Dave King takes over, doesn't splash the cash immediately, loses a couple of titles, builds a sustainable infrastructure based on youth development and cheap talent and then starts reigning supreme again with us picking up a profit and providing a challenge in Europe. A guy can dream eh?

Simonsen - A catalog of errors from him today. Partially at fault for the second goal, gifted the 3rd goal like someone who was match fixing and was extremely lucky on other occasions where he made mistakes coming off his line. Criminal goalkeeping, so I highly doubt if he'll play for Rangers again.

Foster - He's a trier, but we have a young French center back who's better at right back than this guy. Peralta would be better at right back than Fozzy too.

Jig - Sniffing for a new contract? Hopes to play for us in Europe again? Eh? He's having a laugh. Never a defender in a million years and not good enough to keep playing for Rangers at the age of 36 (he's 36 in a few weeks).

Mohsni - Nowhere near good enough and a total clown. Thankfully he only got a two year deal.

Smith - Sell Wallace in the summer and keep Stevie Smith as first choice left back until we're back in the top flight and can afford better. Worth having on the team sheet for his free kick taking ability alone. We don't currently need someone of his quality just as a 2nd choice left back.

Peralta - The lad's a grafter and actually not that bad a player despite the stick he gets, but a four year deal? Eh? If he has a good World Cup and we get offered money for him we should probably take it.

Black - Good enough for next season, but I'd let him see out his contract next season and replace him with better quality for our top flight return.

Law - Is it just me or is this guy over-hyped and over-rated? Good enough for next season, but he's going to need to be replaced by a quality playmaker for our return to the Premier League. We need to find a first class central midfield partner for MacLeod and Law isn't the answer.

Aird - Another one who comes into the grafter category. He's got pace, but his passing and decision making at times is woeful plus his first touch is often a pass to the opposition. Good enough for next season, but good enough for a Rangers team challenging for a top flight title? I don't think so.

Shiels - Way way too inconsistent a player for my liking and too injury prone as well. Odd moments of magic in amongst hundreds of hours of looking like a balloon disguised as a headless chicken.

Daly - TAXI !!

It goes to say that our possibly best starting line up would look nothing like that.

Bell

Peralta

Faure

Cribari

Wallace

Gallagher

Macleod

Mckay

Templeton

Little

Clark

In the first half today we caused endless problems but had nothing up front. Kris Boyd would have got a couple today.

I really don't think Boyd is the answer. That's going backwards if Ive ever seen it. Its just another run of the mill SPL player. Obviously might be an improvement on Daly but how can he get so bad after being decent? Again you have to question the management and coaching methods.

Simonsen - A catalog of errors from him today. Partially at fault for the second goal, gifted the 3rd goal like someone who was match fixing and was extremely lucky on other occasions where he made mistakes coming off his line. Criminal goalkeeping, so I highly doubt if he'll play for Rangers again.

Foster - He's a trier, but we have a young French center back who's better at right back than this guy. Peralta would be better at right back than Fozzy too.

Jig - Sniffing for a new contract? Hopes to play for us in Europe again? Eh? He's having a laugh. Never a defender in a million years and not good enough to keep playing for Rangers at the age of 36 (he's 36 in a few weeks).

Mohsni - Nowhere near good enough and a total clown. Thankfully he only got a two year deal.

Smith - Sell Wallace in the summer and keep Stevie Smith as first choice left back until we're back in the top flight and can afford better. Worth having on the team sheet for his free kick taking ability alone. We don't currently need someone of his quality just as a 2nd choice left back.

Peralta - The lad's a grafter and actually not that bad a player despite the stick he gets, but a four year deal? Eh? If he has a good World Cup and we get offered money for him we should probably take it.

Black - Good enough for next season, but I'd let him see out his contract next season and replace him with better quality for our top flight return.

Law - Is it just me or is this guy over-hyped and over-rated? Good enough for next season, but he's going to need to be replaced by a quality playmaker for our return to the Premier League. We need to find a first class central midfield partner for MacLeod and Law isn't the answer.

Aird - Another one who comes into the grafter category. He's got pace, but his passing and decision making at times is woeful plus his first touch is often a pass to the opposition. Good enough for next season, but good enough for a Rangers team challenging for a top flight title? I don't think so.

Shiels - Way way too inconsistent a player for my liking and too injury prone as well. Odd moments of magic in amongst hundreds of hours of looking like a balloon disguised as a headless chicken.

Daly - TAXI !!

You've summed it up as well as any Zappa, and it's damning. Totally agree about Wallace. I was thinking of him as captain material at one time.

If we throw the management structure into the mix too - and the youth coaching side of things - then the whole situation seems daunting. Totally depressing.

The answer is not for Ally to bring in a few players to cover over the cracks.

We need a new broom - and now.

The right management team - with a high degree of ruthlessness - is where we need to start.

We need to know that we are Rangers again.

Otherwise, next season is not going to be pretty to watch.