Quite a bit of vitriol spat about by the usual suspect/-s. Time for a reality check for some, it seems.

Shockingly strong words dB and some very loaded generalisation.

It would be enlightening for the forum if you could cite those vitriolic examples, and let us know who those usual suspects are. Would you care to do that please?

As regards a narrative to expand on what a reality check should look like, no need to bother, I'll re-read some of your previous posts.

It seems evident that the team needs to be improved but the tough questions are how and from where? I am far from convinced that taking the so called better players from the top league here in Scotland and paying them the top dollar is wise. The quality of our top league is poor and even the better players are average. Guys like Black, Law ad Daly supply the evidence, with others such as Templeton, Bell and Wallace also attracting question marks. We don't have the money to lure decent players from England. I am aware that I have not provided any solutions. It may be that we are just going to have to be realistic and accept that we play in a country where standards are low and there is unlikely to be sufficient funds available to improve things. Apologies for this depressing take on things.

Guest Handwringer Loyal

simonsen - after scumdee united i'm not convinced he's ever played in goal before

foster - i will gladly take him back to aberdeen myself

mohsni - ceased having a future after the ramsdens

jig - past it, time to move on

smith - are you having a laugh?

peralta - does this guy have a natural position?

black - should have been axed after the betting scandal, now he's just taking the piss with his performances

law - seems to think that the season ended at the beginning of novemeber and has since just stopped trying

aird - literally runs out of ideas every time he gets the ball. whiff of "run forest run" about him

shiels - the sooner he joins his crackpot dad at morton the better

daly - pretty sure he thought he was still playing for united the other day

simonsen - after scumdee united i'm not convinced he's ever played in goal before

foster - i will gladly take him back to aberdeen myself

mohsni - ceased having a future after the ramsdens

jig - past it, time to move on

smith - are you having a laugh?

peralta - does this guy have a natural position?

black - should have been axed after the betting scandal, now he's just taking the piss with his performances

law - seems to think that the season ended at the beginning of novemeber and has since just stopped trying

aird - literally runs out of ideas every time he gets the ball. whiff of "run forest run" about him

shiels - the sooner he joins his crackpot dad at morton the better

daly - pretty sure he thought he was still playing for united the other day

:D Say what you think.

The worst part about yesterday was that Dun Utd were there for the taking , they are not this super team they are made out to be , infact I was very dissappointed in them , I dont watch any Scottish games bar our own , so this was my first viewing of them.

Brahim Hemdani, whom I acknowledge to be a man of wisdom wrote this:

"He (Aird) has often reminded me of Alex Scott. Unlike Willie Henderson, Alex Scott didn't beat many opponents but he was a devastatingly effective player."

I quite like Aird. He tries and doesn't hide. But Scott he's not.

Scott scored three on his debut while still in his teens and a few days later got two against the Gunners in a friendly at Highbury. He was the most direct winger I ever saw. Ian McMillan would take out one defender with the pass, Scott would rocket past the second and deliver the cross or finish it himself. A hundred + goals from the wing.

So, yes, I like Aird but he's got a long way to go to stand comparison with Scott.