Another day, another story in the anti-Rangers media designed to damage the club.

And yet another collaboration between the Union of Fantasists and a notoriously Rangers-hating outlet.

It is obvious that the rebel faction in the Ibrox support is prepared to fight as dirty as it gets after a so-called Rangers fan reported Graham Wallace for statements made at the AGM last December. It is clear that this is just mischief-making and a sordid attempt to tarnish Mr Wallace’s reputation and the board in general.

I genuinely think that some of these people will not stop till they have destroyed The Rangers, so all-consuming is their hatred.

It has been an open secret for a while that Graham Wallace was their next target. To be fair, I think Wallace himself has been naive about the extent to which the rebels will go. He is certainly under no illusions now.

There are many fans who feel this has gone beyond whether or not you are pro or anti the board. The issue now is one of survival.

The brutal reality is that Dave King and his supporters are playing a game of brinkmanship, hoping that the pressure of mob rule will force the board to hand over control of the club to them. But Dave King is more aware than anybody that the board have no power to do that. Any suggestion they would take that course of action would trigger the shareholders to junk the board and appoint a new one.

In short, King knows he can only win if he is prepared to go all the way and force a second administration, from which the club may not recover. That would be a Pyrrhic victory. In other words, nobody would win except those who hate Rangers so much that they would be prepared to destroy the club.

Many fans are anxious that there are those in the King camp prepared to do just that.

For me, it’s always been as simple as this – seeing the lengths these people are prepared to go, I oppose them on principle.

The board Rangers presently has was appointed by the democratic votes of shareholders. That is the normal and lawful way things are done in this country. To use mob rule to usurp power is indefensible and doomed to failure.

The question is not can the rebels win? It is can the club survive their constant attempts to undermine progress?

It is not about whether people support the board or not anymore. It is about the survival of Rangers Football Club.

This attempt to grab control of Rangers by Bolshevist tactics has split families, destroyed friendships, turned bear upon bear and cheered the enemies of Rangers no end. Rangers fans are being threatened at games and people are being sickened to the point of threatening to stop going to watch the team.

Anything this divisive and destructive cannot be a good thing.

Behind it all are tycoons who won’t buy shares and blazer chasers who fawn upon them.

Rangers fans need to unite and show support, not to the men who sit in the Directors Box or those who want to – but to the club itself.

Propagandists have tried to tell us there is a difference between the tean amd the regime. But Rangers supporters need to look beyond that superficial division and understand that supporting The Rangers means you support Rangers Football CLUB.

We have learned that the company running Rangers is not the club itself. Therefore, do not let anyone con you into thinking that supporting RFC is backing the board. It’s not the board that need the support, it is Rangers Football Club. If opposing the board results in destroying the club, how does that help anybody except those who hate Rangers?

Rangers Football Club was formed in 1872/3.

That is the club I support. Noit Dave King and the Union of Fantasists formed a few months ago.

Edited by Zappa

It's simple then Bill - get the club to request 1st Data publish their correspondence as to why increased security was requested.

Then the fans will know who is at it.

Better proof than "Rangers hating outlet" rhetoric.

Sorry, read the first two lines and really couldn't be bothered reading on. If you have a good point to make then make it well, instead of using Timmy-esque propaganda tactics. It's like reading the huge number of comments on a Rangers article in the Scotsman with all the Sevco crap.

Another week, another Merlin take on planet Rangers.

"Bolshevist tactics"?

I suspect Bill has donned the pokey hat, adorned with stars and crescent moons, and viewed the Odessa steps sequence in Battleship Potemkin? The vast majority of Bears have failed to find any legitimate leadership in either the club Board(s) or "the rebel faction". Bill should stick to viewing 'Fantasia' on a loop.

Liking the icon on the thread title. Fitting.

The amount of blogs and articles on the go nowadays means an almost never-ending supply of reading. However, in a way it has put me off reading them properly (skim read or jump from 1st paragraph to last at most) but for some reason I feel compelled to read Bill's latest stuff.....it's fascinating nonsense and possibly the most ridiculous blog within football. I actually look forward to seeing his latest stuff. #peverse

And yet another collaboration between the Union of Fantasists and a notoriously Rangers-hating outlet.

is he talking about the cheasedale interview with the bbc?

He cant criticize his boss can he