We are miles behind them. People need to wake up. Indeed they are stealing our players at youth level.

Yep, apparently "stealing" all sorts of players at u12s to u14s levels. And sure building a team of Scottish stars for years ahead.

Well, don't get me wrong here, youth work should be very high on the agenda indeed, and we should do our utmost to improve it and be front-runners as well. Yet, while youth work has never been that great a tradition at Ibrox, it is also not exactly the case that the Yahoos have reared tons of talented youngsters that have stormed their way into either their title-winning squads ... or other successful teams in Scotland or abroad. And one can hardly tell where any u12 player of today will end up when he pulls on his professional boots for the first time. If at all. There is IMHO no reason to believe that we or any other team will stop looking for and try to rear football talent either. How many youth players did we try to get last season or the seasons before? As it stands, half-info* is being thrown about and one would like to know more to get a real measure of the state of affairs then and now before proclaiming that doom is upon us. And before people go up in arms again, I value any info that is being given by those who go more often, but one would hope that people also understand that subjective opinion won't be taken on face value either. And there is no disrespect in that.

As for titles et al. It remains a fact that the Yahoos won the u20s title by one point. We did not even compete last season (which is probably not down to our bad youth system, but admin and what it meant to the playing squad in general). If one looks at the record books, it may very well show 15 titles out of 20 for the Yahoos. Likewise, our record books will show a fine run to the 2008 EL final, but won't tell you anything about the football being played. Hence, if they are miles ahead of us in the youth development (and I will openly admit that I have not looked at their smashing youth development system in any great detail), that apparently does not relate to their u20s side.

*Want an example? The top goalscorer of the 2011/12 season was James Keatings (21, Celtic). He was loaned to St. Johnstone and Hamilton in 2012, trialed with Brisbane Roar and Newcastle Jets in 2013 before joining Hamilton Accies permanently for last season. Much like the dominance argument, just one that gives you nothing but one bare fact.

so were much better than the other dross and clearly worse than celtc.

but the issues arent in getting results. our best player just walked away to go to dundee utd.

our coaching is terrible, our spending at this level non existent. no plan no direction. total shambles.

just ask anyone who actually knows what goes on at mp. me, craig elfidelo.

so were much better than the other dross and clearly worse than celtc.

but the issues arent in getting results. our best player just walked away to go to dundee utd.

our coaching is terrible, our spending at this level non existent. no plan no direction. total shambles.

just ask anyone who actually knows what goes on at mp. me, craig elfidelo.

Has Sinclair got previous with Youth Football ?

We are better than them at the younger youth age groups.

Our U11's at the turn of the year beat them in 4 out of 4 team games, with some of our U10's playing up a year and one of those scoring the winner in one of the games.

What Celtic do well at from what I hear is they give the kids egos (sign for us and you will be captain, sign for us and you can pick your number, all your training gear will have your initials on it.... we do none of this).

But at the younger age groups our kids are better from what I have heard from inside the club.