David Somers buys 35,000 shares + Easdale buys more shares

Why would it have to be a false impression; could it not be that he IS confident of the future of the business however strange that might appear to us at this time.

Somers has a few other roles doesn't he? So it's not like he badly needs to be involved with us

Why would it have to be a false impression; could it not be that he IS confident of the future of the business however strange that might appear to us at this time.

Anything is possible, but the business is not in a healthy financial position at all and it's very safe to say that Somers knows that.

Anything is possible, but the business is not in a healthy financial position at all and it's very safe to say that Somers knows that.

He's had 6 months to buy shares.

Crighton bought shares within a month of being appointed.

The timing rather points to it being part of a campaign to try and restore confidence amongst those who don't want to buy or renew ST's.

ie. he wouldn't have bought them had there been no problems with ST's.

He's had 6 months to buy shares.

Crighton bought shares within a month of being appointed.

The timing rather points to it being part of a campaign to try and restore confidence amongst those who don't want to buy or renew ST's.

ie. he wouldn't have bought them had there been no problems with ST's.

That's pretty much my own take on it too, although I do think it could be a multipronged move to try to help restore a bit of confidence not just amongst fans, but also amongst shareholders and more importantly, the institutional investors. Having said that, the investors aren't daft, so they're unlikely to fall for it.

No one will know that more than the Chair or perhaps the CEO and I would agree (with #33) that that makes the timing all the more interesting; but it isn't necessarily sinister.

No one will know that more than the Chair or perhaps the CEO and I would agree (with #33) that that makes the timing all the more interesting; but it isn't necessarily sinister.

Nobody said it was sinister. I said it was probably just a 'ruse', but that doesn't need to imply anything sinister, just a bit deceptive.

Nobody said it was sinister. I said it was probably just a 'ruse', but that doesn't need to imply anything sinister, just a bit deceptive.

Deceptive could have the meaning (1) misleading or (2) dishonest; but I'm happy to accept you mean the former.

Deceptive could have the meaning (1) misleading or (2) dishonest; but I'm happy to accept you mean the former.

In an Open Letter referred via a regulatory notice to the markets on the 6th of December 2013, Mr.Somers praised Brian Stockbridge to the heavens in what may be termed as AGM electioneering.

Misleading or dishonest ?

(Misleading can be deliberate = dishonest)

It's pretty obvious, although in all fairness I can see why it might be misconstrued. As someone else has pointed out, the they aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.