David Somers buys 35,000 shares + Easdale buys more shares

Without defending these payments, I would hope that people are intelligent enough to note a certain media spin behind all these naughty revelations, which are partly based on speculation rather than fact. But they all make great stories in these days of ST renewal time ... and the one who loses out due to all of this is not the board.

people on here have seen his contract. there is no speculation.

No problemz !

Firstly I should point out that I had actually agreed with you regarding this specific article on Somers, in that I thought there wasn't proportional material to justify the general tone and language of the piece, (see post 66 above).

However, your post on the matter spun your slant on events and passed it off as fact.

An example,............."What the press does is splash this rather obvious info with a nice negative stuff into our faces on a daily level".

Much of the "info" isn't "obvious" and has only been revealed because the board were forced into doing so by the law/regulations.

Because the info wasn't obvious, it is news and has a public interest value that also sells newspapers.

Same as above. As gunslinger has already pointed out, the contracts are open for those who can access it (shareholders et al). If not all fine detail before, it is open now. (Though you do wonder how internal info requested by shareholders end up in the public domain - a general remark ... and I am happy that it did in our case.) The media works with a few assumptions and they end up as fact soon enough, i.e. Somers doing next to nothing for his salary ... and you'd need an insider to confirm this. We haven't had somesuch for about 5 months now. What we get without this info though is the media spin that our head honchos "take out money for nothing but want to axe people left right and centre" - which obviously is bound to sell quite well.