Hartley in Talks?

defection-smecktion.

he's a wee scrote and although we need someone with his grit and determination i'd be reluctant to go watch him play in our colours..

as someone mentioned earlier- cant see him joining us after he slated us when he was at millwall.

I cant believe people would want this cunt.

doesnt anyone remember this?

http://i3.tinypic.com/48nzmnm.jpg

I had typed out a long-winded reply to this, but I know the sort of replies I'll get and it'll end up going way off topic. Personally, I don't think we should be worried about a comment made in a programme/fanzine 10 years ago by a player. If the guy wants to play for us then I think we should sign him and to give him a hard time or miss out on him because of something like this is just us cutting our nose off to spite our face.

I'm just finding this sort of thing tiresome now tbh, but it might just be me. I totally respect people's opinions about how they feel about our club's past and heritage, but I don't think it makes me any less of a fan if I think we should move on in some respects.

BTW, when this last came up, I think Hartley denied saying it.

Anyway, if the stories are true, the guy clearly knows the hassle he might get, but he obviously wants to play for Walter Smith. To me that is exactly the sort of player we should be signing as I'm sick of us paying ridiculous wages for players who come to Ibrox and think they're going to have an easy life.

Like I say, we need players like Hartley, maybe not Hartley himself, if we're going to start winning the sort of tight games we've been losing lately like ICT away for example.

Can't believe people are entertaining a Chic Young "reliable source" quote......

Well there is that too! It'll never happen, but apparently his source is Hartley's agent who says that Rangers have expressed an interest.

Has Chick Young ever had an exclusive which has turned out to be true???