Hartley in Talks?

A few places are saying we're expected to go back with another offer tomorrow. I know he might not be a popular signing with a lot of the support, but I'd still like to see him sign as I think he's got some of the characteristics we badly need in our midfield.

A few places are saying we're expected to go back with another offer tomorrow. I know he might not be a popular signing with a lot of the support, but I'd still like to see him sign as I think he's got some of the characteristics we badly need in our midfield.

Agree with that he drives forward and scores from midfield which if he and Fergie take turns on making penetrating runs we may have a danger from the midfield that we have not had for years. That will also take a lot of pressure off the strikers as the defence will also have to watch runners and not just mark one man.

A few different posters on FF claiming terms already agreed and a medical completed, just a case of agreeing a fee.

Sorry Ally i don't believe that. Why would you go through all the expense of a medical if you have not agreed terms with the club. Unless you are going to pay their price anyway.

Where is WS going to fit all these guys into his team ?

He will now have Ferguson, Thomson, Hemdani and Hartley all vying for 2 places in the team (assuming he will play them in their natural CM roles).

This has to be the strongest midfield we have had for some time though and it is good to have so many quality midfielders in the squad.

I like the signing of Hartley - creative, great at set pieces, forces the other team to defend him. But where will they all play ?

Would be nice to get Scott Brown too, and another striker would be welcomed - but I think our squad in this past week has strengthened considerably.