DUNDEE UNITED have joined the race to land striker Kris Boyd.

But they could face stiff competition from Aberdeen for the free agent frontman.

Tannadice boss Jackie McNamara has had informal talks with the 30-year-old, hoping to persuade him to be the spearhead for his cavalier kids next season.

And it’s understood he believes Boyd’s growing reputation as a coach and mentor would be a massive boost on the park for his young side.

Chairman Stephen Thompson is on standby to tie up a deal – despite being on holiday in Australia.

However, there is still serious interest in the Scotland striker from Aberdeen and Rangers.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/dundee-united-enter-race-sign-3642908

I agree gs. I was totally against Miller coming back second time around and he proved me wrong big time. He always tries his socks off and will definitely score a few goals for us in the championship if/when we sign him

I got it wrong about Miller second time round as well but that was six years ago when he was in his prime years.

This should be made sticky in any transfer / rumour thread:

It takes more than one club's, manager's and support's wishes to actually GET a player. And it is not by default the fault of the club/manager wanting him if he doesn't sign after all.

Ambition (league, country), money, family, fan experience, manager, fellow players ... are just a few possible factors too.

We better not ignore Boyd again! It's time McCoist put the club before himself for a change.

mcoist has said on air he hopes to sign boyd. its only finances that will stop it.

heaven knows why the board refuse to have a share issue in time to set us on the right road.

mcoist has said on air he hopes to sign boyd. its only finances that will stop it.

heaven knows why the board refuse to have a share issue in time to set us on the right road.

With all due respect mate, I don't believe a word McCoist says. I don't believe he wants to sign him at all. In fact Kris himself has resigned himself to not signing for us "whilst he is manager".

We better not ignore Boyd again! It's time McCoist put the club before himself for a change.

When Boyd left for Middlesbrough the reaction towards him from certain sections was akin to that of Messrs McGregor, Naismith and Whittaker.

Time really must be a great healer. :)

Edited by Rangersitis