we have been financially reckless for 2 years now i am proposing sensible investment.

It has been going on for longer than two years. :D

What would this sensible investment consist of and what guarantees would there be with regard to sustainability?

It has been going on for longer than two years. :D

What would this sensible investment consist of and what guarantees would there be with regard to sustainability?

you just control the wage bill.

but we all know we need 50 million to get where we need to be.

you just control the wage bill.

but we all know we need 50 million to get where we need to be.

In one breath you say that top class players need to be brought in, and in the next you are saying that the wage bill needs to be controlled. How do they marry up?

Ok, so say someone bequeathed £50m today, where would that money be spent, bearing in mind your wage bill statement?

to raise the cash to take them to the champions league. last 16 infact.

When was that?

For at least three years on the trott they had a first team squad of 30+, e.g. 2011/12. Before their CL extravaganza the season before last, their post-tax profit was 180k. They life of CL money and player out transfers and results of this season will tell us more about their ability to sustain themselves. Not least if they don't enter the promised land of the CL. We won't find a sustainable squad that is up to any sort of European standard without any CL or rich-person money anytime soon.

When was that?

For at least three years on the trott they had a first team squad of 30+, e.g. 2011/12. Before their CL extravaganza the season before last, their post-tax profit was 180k. They life of CL money and player out transfers and results of this season will tell us more about their ability to sustain themselves. Not least if they don't enter the promised land of the CL. We won't find a sustainable squad that is up to any sort of European standard without any CL or rich-person money anytime soon.

their last share issue was to raise funds for chesney to spend on players. he duly did and one of those players scored a last minute winner v man utd iirc. regardless said players took them to the cl last 16 twice.

their last share issue was to raise funds for chesney to spend on players. he duly did and one of those players scored a last minute winner v man utd iirc. regardless said players took them to the cl last 16 twice.

I'm bound to note that you go on about the share issue and how one of those players helped them to CL glory, but stay quiet on the rest ... i.e. essentially financial mismanagement based on CL participation and the sale of star players. Likewise, their last share issue helped them to a couple of CL last 16 attempts, fair enough. That was 2008, or more than 6 years ago. Since then they relied on the aforementioned.

I'm bound to note that you go on about the share issue and how one of those players helped them to CL glory, but stay quiet on the rest ... i.e. essentially financial mismanagement based on CL participation and the sale of star players. Likewise, their last share issue helped them to a couple of CL last 16 attempts, fair enough. That was 2008, or more than 6 years ago. Since then they relied on the aforementioned.

they held share issues to get them where they need to be then used the money from being there to sustain them.

exactly what we need to do.

they held share issues to get them where they need to be then used the money from being there to sustain them.

exactly what we need to do.

Unless I'm mistaken the wee guy with bunnet held a share issue in one company and Desmond held two shares issues in another company? Maybe someone will correct me on this

We are,of course, just one company

Unless I'm mistaken the wee guy with bunnet held a share issue in one company and Desmond held two shares issues in another company? Maybe someone will correct me on this

We are,of course, just one company

we are actually two. but i cant really see the point in what you are saying.