More Signings Coming Soon

RANGERS fans can expect to see more new signings soon according to chief executive Graham Wallace as the club does its best to ensure promotion back to the Premiership in the months ahead.

Kenny Miller was unveiled as the Light Blues’ first new summer recruit last week after completing a widely-tipped move back to Ibrox for a third time.

Ally McCoist has been given a similar budget to the one he had 12 months ago, when he was able to strike deals for nine additions in total.

It’s unlikely he’ll bring that many people in again but there certainly is a desire to draft in players he feels will improve his pool.

It has been questioned in some quarters why, at 34, Miller has been brought in when a younger alternative might have been an option.

But Wallace has hinted a blend of youth and experience will come in over the next few weeks to bolster what’s already a strong pool.

He said: “Things are going well. We spent some time with Alistair working out what he wanted to do with the squad for next season.

“We’ve announced the signing of Kenny Miller, who is joining the club for the third time, and we are delighted about that.

“We have several other things we are in the process of working on so I think the fans can expect to see some further new faces coming to the club in the near future.

“We want to make sure we’ve got the capability to get the job done next season and get us back in the top division. We are constantly looking to improve the calibre of what we’ve got.

“We have been careful to balance the needs of the immediate term so that we’re successful in the Championship with the medium term requirements.

“We’re looking at players who will have a part to play next season but who will have a bigger part to play in the seasons to come.

“I’m sure people realise we’re building and blending the squad and there’s a mixture of needs. We’re very comfortable with our plans there in terms of moving forward.

“Alistair and I are constantly speaking and we’re talking several times a day at this time of year as we look at the needs of the team and we are well positioned.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7045-more-signings-coming-soon

Another player who wont improve us or give us that quality that we need in 12 months time (if we go up). I don't mind taking on potential but our current coaching regime has proved players go backwards under them rather than be developed.

Failed a medical the other day and now we want him. Lol. Fwiw, he is garbage and certainly not what we need.

I don't want Shaun Hutchison either. He played in a Motherwell defence which conceded a helluva lot of goals last season

ALLY McCOIST is hoping to make ex- Scotland midfield ace Don Cowie his next summer signing.

And the Rangers boss is also optimistic of strengthening his squad further by landing striker Kris Boyd AND defender Darren McGregor.

Both Boyd and McGregor have been heavily linked with moves to Ibrox in recent weeks with the pair out of contract after spells with Kilmarnock and St Mirren respectively.

However, Cowie, who played for Cardiff City in the Barclays Premier League last season, is an ambitious new target for the Light Blues.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/mobile/rangers/cowie-is-next-on-mccoists-rangers-hit-list-166704n.24448851

Have to admit that I haven't heard of Cowie that much. Anyone can tell us what sort of player he is.

Edit: Noted on FF that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer actually wants to keep him and offered him a lucrative deal. You start to wonder whether Ally actually knows that he is interested in Cowie.