The board would look to sell it to a financial company and not King. It's the way these things work.

I doubt King would be willing to buy it to prop up the current board/shareholders anyway. Would he really want to buy the stadium with no element of control over the club? Would he really want to be the one who is hitting us with a high rent? I just don't see what he would gain from it.

As for the rent being horrendous, it would need to be for the lessor to get the required rate of return over the required period, taking into account the risk involved.

Db also thinks the rent should be 1 rand. He seems to think dave king is a charity designed to help poor ****s

Edited by the gunslinger

Southside shug on FF a man I know and trust says a sale and leaseback for Ibrox is already set up.

That said the ****s must realise that doing that will be the end of them. About a third of the small number who have renewed only did so out of fear of a sale and lease back. About another third won't go if they do do it. I could see crowds lower than 10k. If they do it.

Is this based on something he's seen GS?

or just a belief?

Set up since last year according to him.

There was an alleged document re. S&LB doing the rounds in the second half of 2012.

IIRC, it was first put up on the CQN website.

There was certainly a poster on FF who aluded to the S&LB way before the above document.

"Chosenblue" ??

Set up since last year according to him.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it's been set up in the sense that the paperwork has been drawn up, but not yet signed-off/put into action.

Perhaps that's where the board can get 5m from at the push of a button?

Db also thinks the rent should be 1 rand. He seems to think dave king is a charity designed to help poor ****s

Maybe the gunslinger thinks for himself? Maybe Dave King actually starts to talk any sort of business talk instead of being a bag of hot air for the better part of 3 years now?

I for one agree that he must be a shrewd businessman to get the millions he has, and con the RSA tax people for a few quid too. He's a lot to prove that he's the right person to take our club forward though, or become its custodian.

There are so many questions to ponder and we really aren't in a fit state to address them.

From what I hear, there is a growing unease within the Celtic ranks. They are worried about Rangers. They know, as we do, that Ally is not a manager so they have no fears on that score, but they are beginning to believe that Rangers are not going to recover even if Ally is replaced.

While it's true that our plight gladdens the hearts of many of them, the more influential within the Celtic family are contemplating what this will actually mean for the Parkhead club.

Their crowds are down, there is no domestic competition and they have little or no realistic European ambition any more. There will be a flurry of activity, of course, when Rangers return to the top tier, but if Rangers are dismissed by Celtic as easily as they dismiss everyone else, they are wondering what sort of future they can have if their rivals are either rotten - or defunct.

It should be no surprise then that Celtic are exploring every possible avenue to find a more lucrative environment in which to play. They have been doing so for a while, but there's a new urgency about it.

In and around the corporate areas of Celtic Park, increasingly, the question is being asked: what happens if Rangers are finished?

When the laughter subsides, the realists ponder a future where no-one is able to compete with Celtic, and then they realise that the clock is ticking for them too.

Celtic are being sucked in to an uncertain future unless they find a way out. We really have to think about this. What if Celtic get out - and we don't?

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it's been set up in the sense that the paperwork has been drawn up, but not yet signed-off/put into action.

Probably is...

Guest kbotw

Reading that has just made me feel ill :(

I know it's a real possibility but bloody hell, being that close is frightening