With all due respect we MUST win promotion at the first attempt so is gambling on Gallagher the right option? Is it fair to the lad to put the pressure of promotion on his young shoulders? Mccoist is in a no win situation - signs players who in theory should ensure promotion and get slated or gamble on unproven youngsters and fail and get slated - and this is coming from someone who would like him removed - agreed that we missed a chance two seasons ago but stakes are too high now

Miller is a gamble too Cammy because there's absolutely no guarantee that he'll bang in 20+ goals next season like a lot of folk are anticipating/predicting, but I think you're right in the sense that Miller is the better bet to do that. It's basically a safe (ish) gamble. Having said that, Miller will be under a LOT of pressure to perform and with swathes of disgruntled fans already, then if he doesn't perform, things could go south and sour for both Miller and Ally pretty quickly.

Miller is a gamble too Cammy because there's absolutely no guarantee that he'll bang in 20+ goals next season like a lot of folk are anticipating/predicting, but I think you're right in the sense that Miller is the better bet to do that. It's basically a safe (ish) gamble. Having said that, Miller will be under a LOT of pressure to perform and with swathes of disgruntled fans already, then if he doesn't perform, things could go south and sour for both Miller and Ally pretty quickly.

Agree Mate but Miller is vastly experienced and has previously won over his doubters.

He has shown he can handle the pressure and I think it would be grossly unfair on a youngster to hero pressure on them to get 20+ goals that could win us the title. Whilst Gallagher looked decent in his fleeting appearances he did not look outstanding merely a promising raw kid.

Miller will help him and others off and on the pitch and I would say he is the best (by far) forward we have on our books. Put another way,if Miller had signed for Hibs or Hearts would it have made them more or less of a challenge to us next season?

As for Ally he can depart tomorrow for me, I have no faith in his managerial / coaching abilities.

Agree Mate but Miller is vastly experienced and has previously won over his doubters.

He has shown he can handle the pressure and I think it would be grossly unfair on a youngster to hero pressure on them to get 20+ goals that could win us the title. Whilst Gallagher looked decent in his fleeting appearances he did not look outstanding merely a promising raw kid.

Miller will help him and others off and on the pitch and I would say he is the best (by far) forward we have on our books. Put another way,if Miller had signed for Hibs or Hearts would it have made them more or less of a challenge to us next season?

Completely agree and many of us including myself would be counted amongst his doubters, but I'm happy to eat my words and say that he did a good job for us in his lest spell at the Club. I do think this time it's a bigger gamble though, but it seems like a calculated and probably a prudent one.

As for Ally he can depart tomorrow for me, I have no faith in his managerial / coaching abilities.

It's make or break for Ally this coming season and it's not going to be easy for him or his squad. If at the end of the season we win the Championship comfortably, then for me Ally deserves the chance to take us back into the top flight for at least a season, but we all know it's inevitable that he'll walk away at some point, it's only a matter of when and whether he's forced out or not.

Miller needs to be a leader on the pitch.I'd like to see him play a deeper role and sort out our MF which lacks creativity,is predictable in its build-up and seriously lacks pace especially in wide areas. If he does that he'll be an excellent signing for us.

Completely agree and many of us including myself would be counted amongst his doubters, but I'm happy to eat my words and say that he did a good job for us in his lest spell at the Club. I do think this time it's a bigger gamble though, but it seems like a calculated and probably a prudent one.

It's make or break for Ally this coming season and it's not going to be easy for him or his squad. If at the end of the season we win the Championship comfortably, then for me Ally deserves the chance to take us back into the top flight for at least a season, but we all know it's inevitable that he'll walk away at some point, it's only a matter of when and whether he's forced out or not.

Ally isn't going to walk away. That is the problem. He has ideas and ambitions well beyond his ability as Rangers manager

With all due respect we MUST win promotion at the first attempt so is gambling on Gallagher the right option? Is it fair to the lad to put the pressure of promotion on his young shoulders? Mccoist is in a no win situation - signs players who in theory should ensure promotion and get slated or gamble on unproven youngsters and fail and get slated - and this is coming from someone who would like him removed - agreed that we missed a chance two seasons ago but stakes are too high now

If clubs like Napoli, Dortmund, Barcelona, Ajax and Porto can bring through youngsters in the first team and compete in Europe and win trophies domestically, I'm sure we could bring through a single new youngstar to compete in the second tier of Scottish football with a budget 2 or 3 times as big as the next competitor.

McCoist should be winning next season with his eyes closed, he has such an easy job.

People talk about the 'big gambles' of playing in our tin pot league. I say to hell with the whole thing and let's apply some long term, strategic vision.

Really? I don't feel that at all. Not often - if ever - you write something so far from how I see things Zappa. Ah well, had to come eventually I suppose!

While not being a fan of his tactics and selections either, I'd suggest people should take a step back and look at what it takes to make a manager being sacked or deciding enough is enough. On the basis of the current team and season just past, not stuff two or three years back. What would matter for those who pay McCoist to force him out or send him away? In the cold light of day, there is just one thing that would be a goer: a better and more prominent manager for a smaller wage. Which is a non-starter.

In the cold light of day i think it is the pay off that is keeping am in a job.. I think celtic have just got themselves a better manager and probably not on allys wage. (was on 200k at stromsgodet)