For where we are at the moment, the resigning of Kenny Miller is an excellent signing. He adds much needed quality in the forward areas.

Lets be honest with ourselves, we MUST gain promotion back to the top flight instantly and there is no doubt that Miller will help achieve this (as would Boyd - but its less certain that he will join Miller at Ibrox).

CammyF

Agreed Cammy, I'm sure he'll prove the doubters wrong again.

Your feet only get you so far...

To play at the very top (the top being an international striker with over 60 caps) you need a footballing brain, tell me how many caps do they have?

San Marino have a striker with almost 100 caps. Gary Caldwell has around 60 caps for Scotland. David Healy must have about 100 as well. My point is international caps mean very little with regards ability unless it for two top nations and Scotland have been a backwater for almost 20 years now.

Technically Leigh Griffiths is a far superior footballer to Kenny Miller but what Kenny lacks in ability he compensates with work rate and effort. He has a far better attitude and that will probably earn him a better career than other superior players to himself.

Agreed Cammy, I'm sure he'll prove the doubters wrong again.

You are missing the point. Everyone knows he will be an improvement on what we have but the issue here is his age and how little left he will have to offer. Given our financial situation we need to be developing youngsters and playing Miller will only hold someone like Gallagher back. His proper position is in attack.

PS - I also heard he is earning a £3k per week basic wage but also £8k per game on top.

You are missing the point. Everyone knows he will be an improvement on what we have but the issue here is his age and how little left he will have to offer. Given our financial situation we need to be developing youngsters and playing Miller will only hold someone like Gallagher back. His proper position is in attack.

PS - I also heard he is earning a £3k per week basic wage but also £8k per game on top.

No doubt he will be on huge bonus incentives.

With all due respect we MUST win promotion at the first attempt so is gambling on Gallagher the right option? Is it fair to the lad to put the pressure of promotion on his young shoulders? Mccoist is in a no win situation - signs players who in theory should ensure promotion and get slated or gamble on unproven youngsters and fail and get slated - and this is coming from someone who would like him removed - agreed that we missed a chance two seasons ago but stakes are too high now

Personally I think McCoist lacks in the necessary management skills to nurture young talent, and I think he knows it himself. He wants players who need little or no management\nurturing, much in the same way as his mentor, Walter, had with his sides. Miller fits that bill.

Not that bothered by this to be fair, we know Kenny will score goals and that's all we need whether it's an 18yr old wonderkid or a 35 yr old journeyman. It's the rest of the team that worries me....defence, midfield and management.