Why do you think I was aiming my replies at your link to the DR? In my first reply I answered to the topic and similarities to what had been written about Laudrup and Nerlinger, not you specficially. If it pleases folk to ridicule anything the board does, so be it. If I decide not to join in with that "banter" or - what it has become of late - trolling, there is no need to question that, unless you simply want to have a go at someone not of your inclination.

FS ... just to please you ... this board has some 3.230 members. I reckon that about 40 are actually active in these parts. And I don't have even have a quarter of those on said list*. But you are indeed right, I miss quite a lot of narrative of a certain undesirable faction. Then again, "missing" might actually be the wrong word here ...

*Note to Zappa ... I only answered a question.

It was GS who brought up Laudrup. You answered in relation to that point.

:clap:

In this country, we're not sure what a director of football actually does, but the title suggests that he would be above the manager in the pecking order, so if this appointment actually happens, Ally might not be over-keen on the idea.

The director would surely be in favour of a particular football ethos and not inclined to fit in with a system that he doesn't like or approve of, and having been at a major club that played with adventure and belief, how likely is it that he'll endorse the ghastly football fare that is served by Ally and the boys?

The concern is that Nerlinger will be a scout rather than a director and an administrator rather than a leader. If he is in charge of football operations, he could be a good acquisition, but if he is required to fit in with Ally's methods, it will likely be another waste of money.

If Nerlinger comes, and if he is the new top football man at the club, I think it is likely that a new manager will be required to deliver a product that actually resembles the game many of us grew up loving. If we keep seeing the same junk football, we will be fully entitled to question the Nerlinger appointment.

It could be good news, but these days, we have to see it before we believe it.

He stayed just around the corner from me when he stayed here before. I liked him when he was at Rangers good solid player and by the sounds of it he'd be a good appointment

He had major injury problems. My best memories of him are setting up Arveladze away to Copenhagen and scoring at home to Stuttgart.

Quite incredible that not all that long ago we were able to sign a recent German internationalist who was basically a squad player for us.

Whilst I'm sure Nerlinger has made qualities he'd bring I just wonder if this appointment would work. For a start what would his remit be ?

It's beyond debate we need some sort of global scouting network. One country which seems to produce a serious amount of players for its size is Argentina. Former Rangers player Gabriel Amato has always talked well about Rangers and his time there. Could he scout for us in South America?

Very difficult to get work permits unless they have an EU passport or international participation. The latter seems unlikely :). There's decent players everywhere, particularly outwith the UK.

Most South Americans do seem to get passports don't they? Brazilians always seem to get Portuguese ones and others seem to get Spanish and Italian ones

Most South Americans do seem to get passports don't they? Brazilians always seem to get Portuguese ones and others seem to get Spanish and Italian ones

The law is different in other countries. Porto for example can sign as many South Americans as they want because there is virtually no laws regulating it.