I think this position with a high profile name to fill it is simply headline-grabbing from a board desperate to win over more supporters of their intentions. I don't think it would work that well either here. For example what size of budget would Nerlinger have had at Bayern compared to what he'd get here ? Big difference

I doubt even 2 years out of work will have made Christian desperate or stupid enough to work for this board.

It might not be on his CV or Wikipedia page, but I'm pretty sure that Nerlinger worked for Bayern in some capacity last year.

EDIT ... actually not. He was at Bayern since u12 youth level and was actually Ulli Hoeneß' right hand ... up to the season where Bayern lost the CL final to Chelsea and the Double to Dortmund. He was essentially sacked by Hoeneß for "lack of success", which was rubbished by all and sundry. Nerlinger brought Lahm and Schweinsteiger to the top team as well and worked as DoF at Bayern for 3 seasons. He does attend the odd Bayern event though.

I think this position with a high profile name to fill it is simply headline-grabbing from a board desperate to win over more supporters of their intentions. I don't think it would work that well either here. For example what size of budget would Nerlinger have had at Bayern compared to what he'd get here ? Big difference

We have a long history for making up names that we have no intent of really going for.

One of the recent ones I can remember is http://glasgowrangers.wordpress.com/2007/05/23/claudio-pizarro-deal-or-no-deal/

The fact is we have no scouts, a terrible infrastructure, useless management and coaches, inept players. Nerlinger would have nothing to work with. There is no money available, but that doesn't stop the ****s making a fortune. So money will be made available for at least his personal wage, but I get the feeling he has a bit more integrity than that.

It might not be on his CV or Wikipedia page, but I'm pretty sure that Nerlinger worked for Bayern in some capacity last year.

EDIT ... actually not. He was at Bayern since u12 youth level and was actually Ulli Hoeneß' right hand ... up to the season where Bayern lost the CL final to Chelsea and the Double to Dortmund. He was essentially sacked by Hoeneß for "lack of success", which was rubbished by all and sundry. Nerlinger brought Lahm and Schweinsteiger to the top team as well and worked as DoF at Bayern for 3 seasons. He does attend the odd Bayern event though.

He has the pedigree. No doubt about it. I wasn't saying otherwise.

If we did get Nerlinger I hope we'd get him on the training ground as well.

Wasn't a great success for us a player. That was a depressing summer IIRC, Im sure we sold Gio, Albertz and Reyna and only brought in Nerlinger and Latapy to replace them.