I'm voting for Independence despite the anti-British under tones of the Yes extremists and in spite of my allegiance to a football club inextricably linked to Unionism. I am pretty depressed at the level of debate in your average pub and forum to be honest...it doesn't really get past football and age old rivalries and that is a damning indictment of our society.

The way to change it is to be in control and have a voice that must be heard.

I'm voting for Independence despite the anti-British under tones of the Yes extremists and in spite of my allegiance to a football club inextricably linked to Unionism. I am pretty depressed at the level of debate in your average pub and forum to be honest...it doesn't really get past football and age old rivalries and that is a damning indictment of our society.

The way to change it is to be in control and have a voice that must be heard.

You should try discussing the referendum in the lounge on FF. You are not a real Rangers fan, did you know that?

I am pretty depressed at the level of debate in your average pub and forum to be honest...it doesn't really get past football and age old rivalries and that is a damning indictment of our society.

One of the issues with the independence subject is that whether we like it or not, political and religious leanings (and rivalries) are deeply ingrained in the mindsets of a lot of our fans, so it's sometimes difficult for people to discuss alternative views in forum communities which often have staunchness barometers. There's also a lot of hypocrisy and confusion on these subjects which obviously doesn't help.

I'm voting for independence. I'm not a Protestant, ( atheist ) I'm not a Loyalist. I don't care about any royal family. I just love my team. I don't connect politics and football.

I agree with you on all those points except I'm voting No, which, I suppose, strengthens the point you're making.

It's a decision which certainly shouldn't be influenced by what football club you support, but I strongly suspect a lot of people in both camps are heavily influenced by their peers.

Thinker, if the question of independence had never been asked in my lifetime, it wouldn't have bothered me. I'm 42, so I've seen in my opinion the tories & labour have a go & both made an arse of it. Lib dems have looked week since the coalition, so who do I vote for now? Only answer is to either abstain or vote for independence. I've chosen independence. Again only my opinion but I feel it's a moot point as I think the vote will be approximately 60-40 to maintain the union.

I agree with you & American philosopher Dan Dennett point that "how religions in many cases offer a gold-plated excuse to stop thinking"

Thinker, if the question of independence had never been asked in my lifetime, it wouldn't have bothered me. I'm 42, so I've seen in my opinion the tories & labour have a go & both made an arse of it. Lib dems have looked week since the coalition, so who do I vote for now? Only answer is to either abstain or vote for independence. I've chosen independence. Again only my opinion but I feel it's a moot point as I think the vote will be approximately 60-40 to maintain the union.

I agree with you & American philosopher Dan Dennett point that "how religions in many cases offer a gold-plated excuse to stop thinking"

Bravo my friend although I'm more optimistic about the outcome. Recent experience of how our Glasgow (West Scotland) bubble can skew perception as to the real feeling out there has shown me that we shouldn't judge a country of 5.6 million by the actions and rhetoric of the half million or so souls entrenched in narrow minded views.

I'm voting for Independence despite the anti-British under tones of the Yes extremists and in spite of my allegiance to a football club inextricably linked to Unionism. I am pretty depressed at the level of debate in your average pub and forum to be honest...it doesn't really get past football and age old rivalries and that is a damning indictment .

It's difficult to debate when the yes campaign can't even be truthful on issues as basic as what currency we wil have or EU membership post-independence.

Are the contributors YES & NO to this book Bears? If not it looks like just a money making exercise and no doubt will show the usual stereotypical Rangers fan as Protestant, Loyalist, Unionist, etc.

I'm none of these, and will be voting YES but my political & religious views have hehaw to do with the team I support.

Well-known and informed contributors from both sides of the independence debate, including Harry Reid, Iain Duff, and Will McLeish, all lend their disparate viewpoints this book,

Given the authors I would suspect it is a serious in depth academic treatise rather than any money making exercise.