Buffel wants to prove himself at Rangers

Buffel wil zich bewijzen bij Rangers

Geschreven door Pieter Hanson op vrijdag, 5 januari om 12:57

Thomas Buffel heeft zelf een definitief einde gemaakt aan de speculaties over een mogelijke transfer naar AZ. De Belgische middenvelder wil bij Glasgow Rangers blijven en daar strijden om een basisplaats.

Buffel werd de afgelopen dagen door Belgische media in verband gebracht met AZ. De Alkmaarders meldden echter gisteren al dat deze interesse niet bestaat. Ook Buffel zelf verwijst een AZ-transfer nu naar het rijk der fabelen.

"Ik wil bij Rangers blijven en me hier de komende maanden bewijzen," aldus Buffel tegenover VRT-tekst. "Op deze wijze kan ik weer in beeld komen bij de nationale ploeg. Het is me nooit echt duidelijk geworden waarom ik niet meer wordt opgeroepen."

"Met Paul Le Guen had ik inderdaad problemen. Dat resulteerde in een plek op de bank. We konden niet met elkaar door een deur. Dat hij Barry Ferguson uit de selectie zette heeft hem denk ik de das omgedaan."

Buffel wants to prove himself at Rangers

Thomos Buffel has ended all speculation over a possible transfer to AZ.

The Belgian midfielder wants to stay at Rangers and fight for his place.

Az had already stated they had no interest in him and Buffel also said the story was a fable

"i want to stay at Rangers and prove myself in the months to come and hope i can get into the pictue again for the Belgian team. They have never told me why i have not been called up recently."

"I did indeed have problems with PLG and that resulted in me being dropped to the bank.We couldn't walk through the same door together. Dropping Barry Ferguson put the final noose around his neck i think."

I'll tell him why he was dropped for the Belgium squad.

It's because, despite us having one of the worst teams and run of results in our history, he still can't apply the necessary commitment, work-rate, determination, skill and consistency to be in the first team ahead of less talented players such as Novo.

As such, he's proved plenty to me in the last 2 years - mainly that he's not good enough.

I'll tell him why he was dropped for the Belgium squad.

It's because, despite us having one of the worst teams and run of results in our history, he still can't apply the necessary commitment, work-rate, determination, skill and consistency to be in the first team ahead of less talented players such as Novo.

As such, he's proved plenty to me in the last 2 years - mainly that he's not good enough.

agreed

has had 2 types of manager at Ibrox and he couldn�´t do the bizz under either,

time to order a taxi

He should go. I really thought we'd see the best of Tam Buffel under PLG but other than a good couple of games here and there he hasn't turned it on and even then he struggles to keep it up for 90 minutes.

The problem might be that we can't afford to get rid of Buffel. Not from a monetary point of view, but our squad is looking pretty threadbare at the moment. We just don't have enough strength in depth and we're all agreed that we could probably replace most of our first XI at the moment and not be any worse off. I guess until we know who Smith rates and how much money we've got, its all one big guessing game.

I'd rather play Carcary than Buffel, if the squad is thin, the last thing we need are players who don't try.

Very good point. Buffel has proven to be another mcleish flop. 2.3m would go a long way if we managed to get the same back for him.