I don't think anyone seriously expects us to be back in Europe before 2016/17.

I do. I don't think that winning a cup is beyond us next season, and hence we could be back in Europe in 2015/16.

As far as applying for dispensation, I think that even C*ltic would back the SFA in that.

If we win even one round of qualifiers in the EL, then assuming that they are still CL representatives in 2016/17, we would have helped Scotland's co-efficient and may even save them a qualifying round.

We will, of course be helping ourselves too, as we will for sure be CL representatives in 2017/18 and may even have only one qualifier to negotiate.

tedmcminn-retro-4x3129-1785793_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED

10:00 28th July 2014

by DCFC Media

Former Ram to attend Saturday's pre-season friendly against Rangers.

Former Derby County and Rangers winger Ted McMinn will be at the iPro Stadium this weekend when his two old clubs go head-to-head.

As a special guest of the club, McMinn will attend pre-season friendly between the two sides on Saturday 2nd August 2014 (1pm kick-off).

He will appear on the pitch prior to the game getting underway and is assured a fantastic reception from both sets of fans.

Now 51, McMinn was a huge fans’ favourite whilst on the books at the Baseball Ground between 1988 and 1993 and made over 150 appearances for the club, while he also enjoyed a spell working in Derby’s kit department after hanging up his boots.

His playing career began north of the border with Queen of the South in 1982 before he moved to Rangers in 1984.

He made over 60 appearances for the Ibrox club and helped them to the league title in 1986/87, making himself a popular figure with their fans in the process.

After Rangers he went on to play for Sevilla in Spain, then Derby, Birmingham City, Burnley, Australian side ECU Joondalup and then, finally, Slough Town.

Known as ‘The Tin Man’, his benefit match in Derby back in May 2006 pulled in 33,475 people as Derby and Rangers went head-to-head.

In the early 2000s his life took a dramatic change as a serious infection picked up while on holiday led initially to his right foot being amputated, then more of his leg was removed beneath the knee to allow him to have a prosthetic limb fitted.

Tickets for Derby’s pre-season friendly with Rangers are available on General Sale.

Prices are: Adults £15, Senior Citizens £12, Juveniles £10 and Under 12s £5.

Purchases can be made at the Ticket Office during normal opening hours, by calling 0871 472 1884 (option 1) or by logging on to WeAreDerby.com.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/ted-mcminn-to-attend-derby-countys-friendly-against-rangers-1785795.aspx#8lVBjItqgisjvQgF.99

@RangersFC fans unfortunately due to conditions imposed by the local police we are unable to increase the away allocation. Apologies.

@rangersfctrust @dl2068 No pay gates/turnstiles available. You'll need to pre purchase your ticket from @RangersFC

and how many tickets are these other teams buying?

Arsenal don't need other teams to buy the tickets - they genuinely have a waiting list for their ST's despite being the most expensive ST in Britain.

I do. I don't think that winning a cup is beyond us next season, and hence we could be back in Europe in 2015/16.

As far as applying for dispensation, I think that even C*ltic would back the SFA in that.

If we win even one round of qualifiers in the EL, then assuming that they are still CL representatives in 2016/17, we would have helped Scotland's co-efficient and may even save them a qualifying round.

We will, of course be helping ourselves too, as we will for sure be CL representatives in 2017/18 and may even have only one qualifier to negotiate.

Scotland is currently 9 places off getting out of the CLQ2 and there is no direct route to the play-off round unless you are in the Big 5. Qualifiers only get half points, so say a win and draw for us divided by 5 teams does little or nothing (0.3) for the coefficient. Scotland is currently 24th more than 7 points behind Romania in 15th place (to get into CLQ3) so we need way more than a qualifying success to bridge that gap.

This is a big subject that I wrote an article about for FFS 2 years ago that badly needs updating but it is worth noting that typically, in order to be ranked in the top 12 countries (to get one team direct access to the CL Group stages) it is necessary to amass approximately 30 points over the 5-year period. This can be achieved in a variety of ways but in Scotland’s case between 2002 and 2008, when we were never out of the top 12, it required two teams to reach the final of a European competition. Alternatively it could be achieved with an average of 6 country points per season; this would necessitate an average accumulation of 30 points amongst 5 competing teams or 24 points amongst 4 teams every season. In order to accumulate 30 points, 5 teams would require winning, for example, 10 qualifying matches and 6 games in the group stages and drawing half that number. In 2010/11 Scottish teams won 5 qualifying matches and 1 game in the group stages amassing a total of 18 points and a country average of 3.6. In 2011/12 the 4 Scottish teams won 4 qualifying matches and 1 game in the group stages amassing a total of 11 points and a country average of only 2.75.

This is an indication of the size of the task.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
wrote/route?