http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/7334-rangers-launch-club-membership

MANAGER Ally McCoist and Captain Lee McCulloch joined a group of fans at Murray Park today (Tuesday 29, July 2014) to launch Rangers Club Membership – an initiative designed to bring supporters closer than ever to their Club.

As this is the inaugural season for Club Membership all supporters who join will become Founder Members including all season ticket holders, who will automatically receive complimentary Founder Membership.

Club Members will enjoy a series of exclusive benefits bringing them closer to the Club and the team as well as access to Member only events and promotions.

Membership will bring enhanced participation with the Club including the ability for Members to apply for a position on the Fans Board and to vote in the Fans Board elections; exclusive members only email in advance of every home game; Members only prize draws; behind the scenes experiences including Q&A sessions with the Manager/CEO/Players and a Members only training day at Ibrox.

Members will also have the chance to enjoy discounts across the Club including Matchday Hospitality, Ibrox Stadium Tours and non-matchday dining at the Argyle House Restaurant.

As a Rangers Junior Founder Member supporters will have the opportunity to be mascots at home games, have access to exclusive online content and competitions and will receive a Junior Founder Member only pack including a scarf, wristband, bag and stickers in addition to their Founder Member badge, certificate and card.

Season ticket holders can take up their benefits from today and their pack, which includes the Founder Member badge, certificate and card will be issued in the next 4-6 weeks.

Non season ticket holders can purchase Club Membership online at rangers.co.uk/membership priced £24.99 plus P&P* for adults and £14.99 plus P&P* for juniors. Members can benefit from the many benefits right away and Founder Member welcome packs will be posted within 4-6 weeks from purchase.

Ally McCoist commented: “This initiative is a fantastic way for our fans to get closer than ever to their Club. As Rangers Founder Members supporters can apply to join the Fans Board or vote in the upcoming Fans Board elections, have the opportunity to take part in exclusive Q&A sessions with the CEO and myself, attend a members only training session at Ibrox or have the chance of a behind the scenes tour of Murray Park.

“I am also delighted that all Rangers season ticket holders are being given Founder Member status automatically and will receive all the benefits associated with that. Our supporters have shown unbelievable passion, loyalty and commitment to Rangers, especially in the last few seasons, and I can’t thank them enough for their continued backing.

“I encourage all fans to become Founder Members of the Club, get even closer and take advantage of the exclusive range of benefits on offer. We are on our way back to the top of Scottish football and together the journey will be much easier.”

Lee McCulloch added: “The Rangers fans are the lifeblood of this great institution and initiatives like Club Membership are a key way to reward that incredible loyalty. Our supporters have backed the team in huge numbers at Ibrox and in away games in the past few seasons and I am sure they will get right behind us once again when the campaign begins.

“The players and management staff are all looking forward to the opening league game against Hearts where we will unfurl the League One flag and honour the late Sandy Jardine and I ask all Rangers fans to sign up for Club Membership and be part of this exciting initiative.”

Somehow I don't think people will be battering down the doors to enlist.

Adult Founder Member rights and benefits include:

• Personalised Founder Membership card

• Exclusive Founder Member badge

• Official Certificate

• 10% off Matchday Hospitality (selected matches and suites)**

• 30% off Ibrox Stadium Tours **

• 15% off all food & drink in the Argyle House Restaurant (non-matchday) **

• Priority access for overseas members when attending a game at Ibrox**

• Priority sales window for home games

• Member voting rights including Fans Board elections

• Exclusive Rangers Member email (requires a valid email address)

• Exclusive Founder Member Merchandise

• Members only attendance for exclusive events**:

• Q&A with Manager/CEO/Players

• Tour of Murray Park

• Watch the first team train at Ibrox

• Kit reveal evening

• Flag bearer for one match

** Some listed benefits are subject to availability, please refer to Terms & Conditions for full details.

As regards the discounts you used to get a booklet of vouchers for much and such the same in along with your season ticket renewal confirmation letter anyway.

I wonder if season ticket holders can get exemptions from belonging to this latest scheme?

They should ask for £25 reduction in ST price. I'm sure that will be well received by the guys in control.

I was wondering exactly the same thing mate

If people want to have a season ticket, and if they strongly disapprove of this scheme, they should be given the option to be excluded from it.

I don't see the club offering £25 off the price of a season ticket but the option not to belong should be on the table for every season ticket holder.