Had never heard of this team before ...

Fotbal Club Astra Giurgiu is a Romanian professional football club from Giurgiu, Romania. They were founded in 1921, in Ploiești and spent their vast majority in the lower leagues. Only after 1990, when the club was taken under the ownership of Ioan Niculae, it began to achieve some performances, starting with the first season of Liga I in 1998-99. They are currently playing in the country's top league, Liga I.

It qualified for the very first time in history to the UEFA Europa League at the end of the 2012–13 Liga I season, after it finished 4th in the table.

Astra Giurgiu was known as Astra Ploiești until September 2012 when it was moved from Ploiești to Giurgiu, by owner Ioan Niculae.

The traditional colours of the team are white and black.

Probably two easy wins right there.

Straight forward group for them. Euro football after Xmas it is then.

They've been lucky to avoid the big guns, but I can still see them struggling in that group.

The bottom seeded team FC Astra is one of the best clubs in Romania. They were runners-up to Steaua in the league last season, but beat Steaua in the Romanian Cup final and the Romanian Super Cup to lift both pieces of silverware. By now you might be laughing and thinking "Romania? WTF?" but these Romanian teams are no push over by any means (as we've found our ourselves before). Oh aye, and the very same Romanian 'pub team' (as some will no doubt claim they are) Astra, just happen to have dumped out Lyon in the previous round.

The 3rd seeded team in the group, Dinamo Zagreb have won the Croatian top flight title for the past 9 seasons in a row and won about 10 domestic cups in the past decade, so Celtic will probably get a lesson in how to play football off of them.

The top seeds, Salzburg are a very good team too. Austrian champions and capable of beating almost any club despite having been dumped out of the CL by that so-called pub team Malmo.

Sometimes us Scots go 'the other way' and think pish teams in Europe are great.

If Rangers were drawn in a group like that I'd be shouting 'bring it on'

Celtic should stroll that group, if not then our game is even worse than I thought.

. By now you might be laughing and thinking "Romania? WTF?" but these Romanian teams are no push over by any means (as we've found our ourselves before).

I think it's more accurate to say that the rest of Europe laughs at Scottish Football.