Who would you like to sign?

It's got to be experienced players who can see out a season and a half in order to try and steady the ship.

Andy Todd/Lucas Neil for starters or a similar pairing.

Lucas Neill is probably heading to Liverpool. There's no way he'd come here after the WC he had. I would love to see him, a tough tackling no nonsense full back at Ibrox though.

We need 2-3 players to provide a backbone of experience through the 'spine' of the side, preferably players who aren't afraid to put their heads in where it's going to hurt. Would also be good if they had 3-4 years left in them so we had something to build on.

Aside from that I'd like to see us go for the likes of Gary Naysmith and James McFadden from Everton and Gary O'Connor from Lokomotive Moscow ( though unlikely after his Scotland disappearing act ). Naysmith would offer good competition for Steven Smith at left back and McFadden could either play wide left or upfront. O'Connor would make a better long term bet than Filip Sebo.

Malky

We need 2-3 players to provide a backbone of experience through the 'spine' of the side, preferably players who aren't afraid to put their heads in where it's going to hurt. Would also be good if they had 3-4 years left in them so we had something to build on.

Aside from that I'd like to see us go for the likes of Gary Naysmith and James McFadden from Everton and Gary O'Connor from Lokomotive Moscow ( though unlikely after his Scotland disappearing act ). Naysmith would offer good competition for Steven Smith at left back and McFadden could either play wide left or upfront. O'Connor would make a better long term bet than Filip Sebo.

Malky

Oconnor may be better than Sebo, but so am I. Wouldn't be interested in GO, better options out there.

Malky

Yeah McFadden was the other i forgot to put in my original post.

I can't see the point of brigning in any loan players at this stage of the season. I believe the current squad a more than capable of securing 2nd place and apart from the UEFA cup we should really be looking to hit the ground running next season.

I've been a fan of Naismith for a while now plus there are some good players from the Scotland u19 euro championship squad such as Goodwille and the boy Elliot from Hearts. Also Broadfoot from St Mirren could be one for the future.

These are mainly players for the future and ones we could but relatively cheaply. Until we know what sort of a budget the new manager will have it will be difficult to think of any big name signings.