The Catholic community generally dislikes the Orange movement, which is hardly a surprise, but in my experience it isn't popular with the vast majority of people who could reasonably be bracketed under the Protestant banner, including many Rangers fans.

I would certainly struggle to find many people who have a good word to say about it.

It may find itself struggling in the future - independence or no independence - as there is growing pressure to limit its marches or have them banned altogether, which would be an absolute outrage, but most Scots would not be sorry to see the back of them and the movement shouldn't delude itself that it could count on mass support to defend it.

Rangers and the Orange movement are intertwined as far as the Rangers-hating community is concerned. You can argue differently and probably make a reasonable case, but popular perception is hard to counter. They call us orange b******s after all - not blue ones.

a) You will admit that you have a finite acquaintance with the Scottish population?

b) What is the %age of Catholic councillors on the Glasgow council?

a) You will admit that you have a finite acquaintance with the Scottish population?

b) What is the %age of Catholic councillors on the Glasgow council?

If you are part of the Orange movement, and if you support it and want it to thrive in the future, don't kid yourself that my experience is remote from the truth.

If you are part of the Orange movement, and if you support it and want it to thrive in the future, don't kid yourself that my experience is remote from the truth.

No one questioned your experience, however, everything is relative. Now, a question for you - do you think that the P/U/L community should pack up and just disappear? Do you think they should just ... SURRENDER , in the face of your fervent argument?

I'm not a member of the Orange Order but enjoy the parades, who gives a flying fook what the Catholics think. It's my heritage and culture and like other cultures and heritages, more recent to our shores it should be accepted as part of the proclaimed "one country many cultures" Or does that only apply outwith the PUL community, hopefully it will be here long after i'm gone.

I remember when the Israeli flag first started appearing there were folk on forums trying to make out that it was meant to represent the star shaped crest on the Rangers Founding Fathers shirts. :whistle:

I really struggle with this one , I just wish we could stay out of this as far as possible , let the offended ones get on with being offended and supporting what ever terrorists they choose .

I'm not a member of the Orange Order but enjoy the parades, who gives a flying fook what the Catholics think. It's my heritage and culture and like other cultures and heritages, more recent to our shores it should be accepted as part of the proclaimed "one country many cultures" Or does that only apply outwith the PUL community, hopefully it will be here long after i'm gone.

Sorry aweebluesoandso but if the Orange Order / Presbyterian is your heritage and culture, you really should join the order and / or church. Both would be delighted with your joining as their memberships are dwindling.

It would also ensure their longevity.

I remember there was a really huge Israel flag, upstairs in the Govan. It was hanging out front.

ah'd huv dug them up but was in the club deck

why ?

This thread is now about the OO, and/or handwringers.

You'd have to ask the people that had the flag what their intentions where, although I doubt you would still be any the wiser. I would guess it's some misguided state v terrorism issue. Who knows....