Real No Longer Wish To Renew Beckham Contract

As regards David Beckham contract talks I think Madrid would be mad to re-sign him. Aside from his image in the far-east he offers nothing to them, certainly not on the playing side where his influnence has severely diminished this season with the introduction of Cappello as manager. Madrid also seem to have changed their transfer policy away from the multi million 'galaticos' and towards signing the worlds best up and coming talent.

If Beckhams agent were to be believed, he was orginally offered a slightly better deal than the one he was on. I find it hard to believe that Madrid would offer this to a player of 31/32 whos best days are now behind him and is no longer a 1st choice pick in the team. Surely they would have reduced his terms if anything???

Personally I think he'll resign for Madrid on reduced terms. I think he feels he's still got something to offer at the top level of european football and that it is still to soon for him to move to MLS.

Malky

If he goes to MLS then he is selling out and is afraid of a new challenge. He would be taken the easy way out.

Beckham is capable of playing in any EPL side including Man U again. There will be a few takers in Italy aswell. He'd be crazy to go to America.

Actually Jim his stock in the US has risen greatly of late. Fox Soccer Channel (which is not bad aside from the numpty commentators) have an advert of him regularly showing vignettes of him playing, showing him saying how he would love to play in the US etc etc.

And "soccer" is becoming much more popular in the States with guys like Landon Donovan doing pretty well.

Good to here football is growing over there, but i still say the vast majority of yanks would say 'David who?' :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6248835.stm

still think he could do it at Premiership level for another couple of years yet. Think viccy is after a crack the beckham brand in America, I don't think this would have been his first choice

When you look at that reported amount of money you can bet it would also be his first choice too.

I know not everything is about money but 128 million over 5 years ? He wouldn't get anywhere CLOSE to that elsewhere IF true !