Different premisses and no-one was able to predict that Whyte would not pay PAYE et al, were you? As for the media, it went from ...

Rangers hope new £4m share issue brings stability The Scotsman 12:55 Fri, 29 Aug 2014

... to ...

Rangers fans alarmed by financial storm BBC 14:00 Fri, 29 Aug 2014

... and now ...

Rangers may be forced to sell Ibrox Telegraph.co.uk 23:08 Fri, 29 Aug 2014

Rangers back on the brink as tycoon Dave King refuses to underwrite... Daily Mail 00:11

Rangers facing second administration as board admits future of the club is... Daily Mail 00:26

... basically on the same facts. No-one is trying to paint a brighter picture here, but headlines stating a possible worst-case scenario as a given sounds a touch too far fetched right now.

None of those headlines are stating a worst case scenario though, are they?

The mention of a 'possible' second administration might sound like scaremongering to you, but to some of us it doesn't even come as a surprise.

Personally, I was seriously worried about the Club's future long before any of this new share issue news came out and while not wanting to start any sort of panic (so trying to appear to be calm), I couldn't help myself and had to say a day or two ago that I was seriously worried. Not because of any so-called 'sources' or anything either btw! Pure gut instinct!

The bottom line (without any 'scaremongering') is that the Club is yet again literally approaching a cliff edge because the company ITSELF has clearly stated to the stock exchange that it doesn't have enough money to continue to trade beyond the end of this calender year (31 December) without a new cash injection of about £3 million pounds and that the full £3.6m (estimated net) raised from a fully subscribed share issue would only see us into the new year (Jan or Feb at best I'd imagine).

Now take into account that the company generally won't want to panic investors and fans (in that order btw!) and it's quite fair to say that we have a very bad situation here.

were you saying similar stuff after whyte was starting to be outed as a fraud?

He was a fraud from day one when he somehow acquired Rangers. AJ & PM knew all about him. just how was he allowed to acquired Rangers given his known background?

We need a serious injection of capital sometime very soon over and above this proposed share issue and the sooner we realise DK will not be the answer the better so we can move on elsewhere

Living within our means would be a lovely and refreshing start.

None of those headlines are stating a worst case scenario though, are they?

The mention of a 'possible' second administration might sound like scaremongering to you, but to some of us it doesn't even come as a surprise.

Personally, I was seriously worried about the Club's future long before any of this new share issue news came out and while not wanting to start any sort of panic (so trying to appear to be calm), I couldn't help myself and had to say a day or two ago that I was seriously worried. Not because of any so-called 'sources' or anything either btw! Pure gut instinct!

The bottom line (without any 'scaremongering') is that the Club is yet again literally approaching a cliff edge because the company ITSELF has clearly stated to the stock exchange that it doesn't have enough money to continue to trade beyond the end of this calender year (31 December) without a new cash injection of £3.6 million pounds.

Now take into account that the company generally won't want to panic investors and fans (in that order btw!) and it's quite fair to say that we have a very bad situation here.

*Puts fingers in ears and goes la la la la la la la.