Different premisses and no-one was able to predict that Whyte would not pay PAYE et al, were you? As for the media, it went from ...

Self serving bullshit, once again you're trying to excuse your own ignorance, many warned what was inevitable under Whyte.

Rangers hope new £4m share issue brings stability The Scotsman 12:55 Fri, 29 Aug 2014

I imagine they do and that headline is factual.

... to ...

Rangers fans alarmed by financial storm BBC 14:00 Fri, 29 Aug 2014

This may surprise you but many are in fact are alarmed so again it's factual.

... and now ...

Rangers may be forced to sell Ibrox Telegraph.co.uk 23:08 Fri, 29 Aug 2014

It may well come to pass and again it's factual.

Rangers back on the brink as tycoon Dave King refuses to underwrite... Daily Mail 00:11

Again if they did approach King then the headline is factual.

Rangers facing second administration as board admits future of the club is... Daily Mail 00:26

Again as unpleasant as it reads it's factual.

... basically on the same facts. No-one is trying to paint a brighter picture here, but headlines stating a possible worst-case scenario as a given sounds a touch too far fetched right now.

Fancy that newspapers running with facts, no less an authority than the Board/Company itself laid out in the clearest possible terms in a Regulatory Announcement to The Stock Exchange exactly what will happen that's not far fetched it's the unvarnished truth.

No amount of blaming the f*&king mhedia will alter that.

When a company is unable to pay its' bills as they fall due then it is insolvent.

Do you think the media engineered the release of the statement on the LSE in order to shield Celtic? :D

No but certainly went a long way to camaflouge the nonsense spouted by Liewell today. I estimate Rangers absence from the top division is costing them a hell of a lot more than they will be honest enough to admit. I'd guesstimate 15m per season...no wonder they're punting players...

No but certainly went a long way to camaflouge the nonsense spouted by Liewell today. I estimate Rangers absence from the top division is costing them a hell of a lot more than they will be honest enough to admit. I'd guesstimate 15m per season...no wonder they're punting players...

Rangers announce that they are up to their chests in shit and you want to divert your attention to what Celtic are up to.

Sums you up. Sadly, you are far from alone and it was this sort of idiocy which allowed the current situation to reach the level it has.