Do you dread logging onto GN these days .....

I log in here every day (Mon-Fri) to catch up on the latest going's on with our club, most days I don't even post or join in with the chatter.

But of late, and especially these past few weeks, I click on my favourite with a fear ........ "what now" I think as my browser loads.

It is absolutely gut wrenching to see these thieves/liars/sharks/snakes still involved with our club, and others (Ahmed etc) STILL trying to cream some extra blue pounds from us.

I long for the day the club is ours again, or at least in safe hands with a safe custodian. As right now, the club we see before us isn't ours, same club but the soul is missing.

I have done since I joined, though it is a slightly longer sentence that leads to that dreaded stomach-clenching and possibly stomach-clearing feeling in my case.

Namely: " I click on my favourite with a fear ........ "what now" I think as my browser loads....and why will I have to read yet again the same lovers of Rangers' destroyers defending the latest outrage, and posting support for the evil perpetrators or nit-picking and diverting the outrage from real fans bemoaning their clubs destruction".

And then I ask myself why the hell do we have to go this endless charade with every Wig manifestation on a so-called Rangers' fan site?

And then I ask myself, why the hell do you keep hoping for change when the same pro Whyte/Green/Easdale (and therefore anti SOS/RangersFirst /BuyRangers/HelpRangers/ RITD/ anything with people supporting Rangers in it ) are always allowed a platform here. Even people who are known to have deliberately or be deliberately destabilising ventures to help the club.

Debate is healthy - pro-Whyte, Pro-Green and endlessly pro their subsidiaries is not healthy, it is not a difficult concept with owners going back to 88 who "own" Rangers using none of their own money and bleed us, the fans, dry. It is obvious what is happening.

Here it is in a nutshell: " Fool me once, I'm stupid, Fool me twice I'm a retard, Fool me the third, fourth, fifth time - I'm an online troll pretending to be even more retarded than I actually am and my life is so empty this virtual charade of winding up Bears is all I have...")

And then I go away for a while but since I cannot trust the mainstream press, and other Rangers web sites are even worse , I come back.

Then I have to read the same perpetrators with their same agenda on every important thread (bar games, obviously) and I write something like this - anguishedly heartfelt, if truth be told - and go away again for a spell.

repeat

repeat

repeat

Edited by SteveC
an unfortunate lack of necessary commas

Guest Blue Chopsticks

My darkest day as a Ranger was when we didn't have clearance 24 hours before the season. I couldn't quite get my head around the idea of a full season of football being played without any Rangers. Then I remembered that we are more or less the heart beat of this countries football, we always have been. The media have cashed in on us from day one as has the many clubs we take our loyal support to. Now, the board it would seem are helping themselves to the cream.

Football fans by their nature are emotional people and it's this very thing the media plays on, their survival as an industry depends on it. What else do these people have to write about ? We know our set up at the moment is very shaky and that the avoidance of certain issues from our boardroom pretty much encourages the media to write their own headlines and sensationalize everything and anything.

This is why I haven't touched a newspaper since 2012 and nor do I entertain the BBC in any way shape or form due to their laughable displays of utter incompetence and unprofessional attitude towards our club not to mention that rather questionable misconduct regarding washed up children's television presenters. It's all published and packaged in a way to keep your attention, we all know this but it is our love and sense of duty that calls us to put up with it, like we'd somehow be a bad supporter if we didn't.

To me, although I'm sure there a some decent journalists out there, there isn't much difference between the way a news paper dresses a headline and a women in Amsterdam flashing her knickers.

I prefer to spend my time with Ranger sources and listen to the views and concerns of fellow fans rather than be dictated to by a journalist on what I should and shouldn't find acceptable as a fan,as I find the media/BBC presenting it's self as the moral compass to which we should all follow as hysterical.

The level of frustration and confusion within our support is completely understandable and to be expect when everything is taken into consideration. Put yourself in the shoes of everyone else outside of Rangers. Bless those who have tried to remove us from existence, they haven't half given it a fair old try with their cloak,daggers,conspiracies and rumors. They've tried to twist and turn our metal in every which way to no avail but we're still here.

The OP's dejection is nothing compared to the feelings of utter hopelessness that will be felt by those who put the knives and boots into our when we fell. To echo an earlier post, success will come and our return to the top is inevitable and when it does, the inferiority complex will shudder every spine of every club in this country because they gave it their best shot and it's done nothing to halt our return. In the eyes of the mainstream media ( Scottish media ) we're a laughing stock..in reality, we're actually pretty scary. No club could suffer what we have still march with purpose which bring me to my final thought.

This wouldn't be Rangers without a formidable challenge that requires it's people to go well and beyond the call of duty. We're not like other clubs, we don't '' try our best '' we believe we are the best and we have the silverware to back it up. Lesser clubs might be content with talking the talk yet never walking the walk, but we're not. we strive. When our club came into existence it didn't come with a load of prepackaged trophies. We had to grind , sweat and fight for those gorgeous well earned record breaking bits of silver. We didn't get them by being depressed or feeling sorry for ourselves, we rolled up the sleeves and knew exactly what had to be done. It's always been this way.

So long as we're here, our club will be here. No it's not perfect and we've got issues ( which club doesn't ) sure there are one or two boils needing drained and maybe a couple of rotten teeth needing pulled but it's nothing that can't be fixed.

I don't live in fear or depression, we've a lot to be proud about and nothing to fear.

So long as we make an effort to unite and pull in the same direction, we'll gain an unstoppable momentum. You might not believe it and the rest of Scotland might not want to accept it, but if there is a people who can pull it off, it's The Rangers.

Have faith, be ready and never surrender.

Increasingly, I find one has to anaesthetize oneself before facing the Gersnet music. This last week, and next, I am resident on the Ile D'Oleron. A dozen Huitres are 7 euros, a bottle of red wine vinegar is 2 euros, a demi-kilo of charlottes is under a euro, and the local Rose(takes 3-4 glasses to begin to find an appreciation) is under 2 euros a bottle. There is an Oleronaise custom of morning beer too, works for me. I suspect it's a rehydration thing?

Anyways, after morning beer and a robust oyster and rose lunch; Gersnet is just another cork waiting to be pulled.

Just to be clear I am a member of boith schemes , at this moment in time I dont really care which scheme my fellow fans join or prefer , just that the join one of them

rbr

That comment is like an illuminated compass, giving hope and direction, in a journey which has been shrouded in darkness.

But GS when we were in admin , the game was already afoot , the decisions had already been taken and the pieces were already in place , its just that we didnt know it at the time , fool me once shame on you , shame me twice fool on me