It might not be that easy for him to get to 10%

The total number of shares after the Offer will be 85,675,259, so 10% = 8,567,526

He has 3,000,000 at present entitling him to [0.30185 x 3,000,000] 905,550 in the Offer, so his total then would be 3,905,550.

In order to get to 8,567,526 he would need to be able to acquire 4,661,976 Excess shares in the offer, which is 23.5% of the 19,864,918 on Offer.

So he needs that percentage not to be taken up and he needs to be allocated them by what process isn't clear in the Announcement.

If he wants it he'll get it the only thing in doubt would be the exact timing.

I'm not convinced he really needs to as he already has us by the balls.

No slagging match here dB.

You may or may not be missing that Celtic have downsized in that period, gaining some hefty transfer fees in the process. I have no idea of their financial state but I do get the impression they have been keeping their powder dry until we return to the top flight. I could be very wrong there.

However, regarding the 5 to 10 mill investment statement.... It is still incredibly naive to ignore the funds needed to run the club. Investment needs to cover both working capital, transfer fees and increased wages, notwithstanding ST monies from fans

I did not say anything to the contrary ...

We all know how much it costs to run the club and to keep it competitive. We all know that we need money now. That's part of a different debate though and there is no need to start a slagging match.

... so once again, no need to speak about people being naive.

Another post (mart22) from FF that essentially sums up what I know and think about Ashley (and his ambitions):

He saved Newcastle from bankruptcy. I think few Toon supporters would disagree with that. Their beef with him is a perceived lack of ambition. They think he could give more of his cash to bankroll top six finishes and cup wins.

There's an extremely narrow view in here on Mike Ashley. One thing for sure is that for him to make money out of his clubs they have to be successful. He certainly has the financial clout to give Rangers the best opportunity to be successful on the park.

Mike Ashley is a billionaire thanks to unique, innovative, highly successful business strategy. Even being loathed by Newcastle fans hasn't prevented that club's success. And they are successful in terms of what realistically can be achieved given their competition in England. I have to say I think Newcastle fans judge MA harshly.

It's highly likely MA has a plan to partner the Rangers, Newcastle and Sports Direct brands that exceeds the returns possible on any one of them on their own. This isn't a bad thing if it leads to Rangers winning the Premiership and returning to the Champions League. But just for right now, if it's Mike Ashley who bails Rangers out and there's no administration I will be grateful to him. His businesses perform well. Newcastle have never been in financial trouble during his tenure. If Rangers become a profitable part of his empire then that's a good thing for him and Rangers fans ... isn't it?

I love the traditions of Rangers. It's our traditions and history that make following Rangers so desirable. All of our tradition can be maintained in a progressive partnership with Sports Direct and Newcastle United. Our traditions will enrich the other two and some of theirs might enrich us. It could be the combined resources of such a partnership are the key to domestic dominance and European success like we have never known before. Could be.

All of above is speculation. I'm just trying to put across that there are other outcomes than negative posts in FF suggest. We've got to be more open minded. Football is ever changing and Rangers, on our own, in this present football world, will never achieve more than domestic success and respectability in Europe. However, in partnership with Sports Direct and Newcastle United it's a whole new approach with unknown potential. Possibly huge potential.

Might such a partnership, such a new journey be worthy of further investigation? I think so. We certainly have to stop looking at every potential owner and investor, unless it's Dave King, as a wig out to cripple the club while getting richer. In reality that just doesn't work. The evidence couldn't be more in our faces. We're looking at administration because our business plan isn't sustainable. If it's not sustainable we can't be a cash cow.

Everything is hugely frustrating. All I'm suggesting is lets consider possibilities beyond fan ownership, which won't happen anytime soon, and Dave King.

Another post (mart22) from FF that essentially sums up what I know and think about Ashley (and his ambitions):

Are you not going to post any comments from that site which give the negatives about Mike Ashley and his time at Newcastle United?

You never tire of telling everyone that you are a big supporter of debate, so why are you only providing one side of the story?

Are you not going to post any comments from that site which give the negatives about Mike Ashley and his time at Newcastle United?

You never tire of telling everyone that you are a big supporter of debate, so why are you only providing one side of the story?

Of course there is a down side to Ashley's ownership of Newcastle but where we are we don't exactly have a choice if he is willing to step in and save us

Of course there is a down side to Ashley's ownership of Newcastle but where we are we don't exactly have a choice if he is willing to step in and save us

That isn't the point I was making, but why would he step in to 'save us'?

There's an extremely narrow view in here on Mike Ashley. One thing for sure is that for him to make money out of his clubs they have to be successful. He certainly has the financial clout to give Rangers the best opportunity to be successful on the park.

If we have learned one thing over the last few years it is that this claim is utter and total bullshit.

Thing is, no-one is actually fond of the idea of Ashely owning us, not even the chap I quoted. Portraying people having a love-in is not adding to the debate either. Obviously, this has been debated on here before and if people want different opinions on that matter than the above, use quotes and post them, no-one stops you.