Mike Ashley set to bid for Rangers (and NUFC ban Daily Telegraph for story)

Just seen this elsewhere:

Mike Ashley: 'I will not be participating in the Open Offer which closes at 11am today, Friday, September 12, 2014."

Is he ensuring that it fails in order to give the club a loan with a nice fat security as collateral? Interesting times.

Mikey is not a super-rich fan calscot. He couldn't care 2 hoots for Newcatle or Rangers fortunes so long as it nets his core business even more money. He has Newcasle tied-up........gets every penny anytime a Newcastle shirt is sold - I believe that is the truth now with us too after the takeover of superstore/airport/NI. Why else would he TUPE the employees to his company? Out of the goodness of his heart? PLEASE read/listen to the Sports Direct AGM

Is he ensuring that it fails in order to give the club a loan with a nice fat security as collateral? Interesting times.

You wonder what Laxey make of all of this................

Or do they stay quiet and get Ibrox ?

It may not be wise to trust the Rizvi/Green/Easdale/Irvine axis.

Personally I think they're all in it together

My gut feeling agrees with you but given who is involved I wouldn't hang my hat on it.

It may be by degrees, rather than black or white.

The first involvement needed a correction.

ie. Paying 1 pound a share, requiring Green to 'give them back' 30p in the pound.

My gut feeling agrees with you but given who is involved I wouldn't hang my hat on it.

It may be by degrees, rather than black or white.

The first involvement needed a correction.

ie. Paying 1 pound a share, requiring Green to 'give them back' 30p in the pound.

Possibly, it wouldn't surprise me if that was all part of the plan in the beginning. They must've known the share price was going to plummet after the IPO

Presumably Ashley is in no place to do anything further with Rangers until he has completely exited Newcastle United? Whilst there may be interest from other parties in acquiring Newcastle surely in reality that is likely to take months and months to conclude even if a suitable price is agreed? A long drawn out process before he is even in a position to progress matters with Rangers?

He has never given the slightest indication of wanting to do "anything further" with Rangers. Why should he? He as all he needs from us financially without doing anything more - I'm baffled as to where the idea comes from he even cares about today's share sale deadline. Other than, of course, selling up at Newcastle for 230 million. clearing our immediate debts and using us as is next free-to-print-cash and advertising cow - alarmingly might even put us in a better place than we currently are, we'd still be in the gutter, of course, and run by someone who detests the very location of our fan base far less its constituents, (as he does Geordies) and we would not be The Rangers as I grew up with but.................hey ho "beggars/chooser" and all that. mMaybe I have to eventually realise The Rangers I grew up with are not going to come back for a very much longer time that we thought even when we began this "journey" (which turned about to be just another lie) . Sigh. I am 56 - will I see a Rangers I can be proud of supporting ever again ?

Possibly, it wouldn't surprise me if that was all part of the plan in the beginning. They must've known the share price was going to plummet after the IPO

Hence those with the penny shares may tend to be those closer to the root of the plan.

Rizvi most probably being one.

Other important 'players' may have sniffed around and subsequently been offered different types of route to making loads of dosh.