5 goals and 9 or 10 assists in less than 20 appearances (most of which were from the subs bench!) is not normally considered 'pish'. :D

We probably wouldn't have won the League Cup final against Celtic that season if it wasn't for world class vision from Weiss to make 'THAT' pass to Jelavic from the quick free kick in extra time.

If he hadn't been dropped Celtc would have won it in normal time.

He was far far far to greedy. His goal stats may be higher but I bet the ream scored less and got less points mor crucially.

His performance in the new year derby was disgusting.

If he hadn't been dropped Celtc would have won it in normal time.

He was far far far to greedy. His goal stats may be higher but I bet the ream scored less and got less points mor crucially.

His performance in the new year derby was disgusting.

You do at times wonder how people remember some players for negatives more than the positives they did? in this case, he's the typical sort of winger-come striker player, an entertainer who entertained ... but also had the odd off game. I don't idolize him like quite a few people do - be it for setting up Edu for his goal against Valencia or Jela for that winner against the Yahoos - or him annoying the Scum people to no end on twitter. But he's a young chap of 21 when with us, could and did set the place alight quite a few times ... and thus was hardly "pish". If what you mentioned above is used as a standard, our teams were loaded with "pish" players for three decades ... and the stats and trophies alone will disagree with that.

I do think Weiss was a decent loan signing and offered us something different that season. Inconsistent, yes, but fairly typical of any player at that age and even more so a winger. Wouldn't have been clambering to sign him permanently but for me that was a good example of using the loan system. Still maintain Kyrgiakos was a successful loan signing too. We wouldn't have won the league that year if we hadn't replaced Boumsong that winter and he came in and did a good job. Not quite so good when the move became a permanent one! I don't think loans are any different to permanent deals in that for every one that works there is one that doesn't. Nobody even mentioned Jerome Rothen as yet!

Weiss was pish and we only won the league because he got injured. Davis worked well. Kiri was hmmmmm. Vignal I liked.

But I maintain buy a player or forget him. Don't raise players for other clubs.

For ever Davis there's a diuff and Bartley.

wooah that is more thana bit harsh GS

the wee man's assist in the LC final will always be remembered

he was playing with a broken foot don't forget due to our incompetent med staff.

5 goals and 9 or 10 assists in less than 20 appearances (most of which were from the subs bench!) is not normally considered 'pish'. :D

We probably wouldn't have won the League Cup final against Celtic that season if it wasn't for world class vision from Weiss to make 'THAT' pass to Jelavic from the quick free kick in extra time.

That was a fantastic pass & finish

6 inches less on the ball and Mulgrew get's in the way

6 inches more and Jelavic doesn't have the time to get himself together for the finish

A game of inches !!

6min 25 secs into link

I thank everyone for their contributions.

I am driving at eg, our goalkeeping situation. Bell picks up an injury and Simonsen is back-up; we have further back-up in the lad, Kelly. If further belt and braces is deemed necessary(and it would appear, it was), then we sign Lee Robinson on a contract. Why did we not sign a temporary loan deal for 4 months to tide us over and save dosh?

Again, happy to see the debate taking shape on past loan signings; but why have we shied away from loan signings these last two and a bit years? I suspect every other senior club in Scottish football has at least one loan signing.

I just cant buy all these negative superlatives that get thrown around. Pish ? Aye, OK GS.

So pish that in his debut almost single handedly won us the game against Hibs at Easter Road when we were struggling before his entrance. So pish he has 36 international caps. So pish that he was sold by Olympiacos for 4 million Euro. Yup, pish.