Next Scotland Manager

Do we get back our compensation we had to pay for WS to come to Ibrox ? After all the SFA said they needed compensation to get their next manager out of his job, and I presume that the only compensation they will need to pay for Eck is his brew money !

Id have rather seen George Graham in with Joe Jordan as his No.2

But Eck will be appointed this week and id take him in over the likes of Jim Jefferies or Calderwood any day. But I really think Tam Burns should have been treated better and still be assistant. The thought of Cheesy Watsit being a national assistant manager with his track record is amatuer.

Gary McAllister has been linked to come in as part of the team and i really hope this is true as he will get a respect of the players.

There are so many good Scottish managers and ex-players doing good work at the moment like Lambert, Collins, McCoist etc. The likes of Joe Jordan Souness, Moyes, Billy Davies etc are all doing/have done fine jobs and have experience - why on earth a clown like Watson is in there il never know.

The likes of Dalglish has to have some envolvment somewhere along the lines. Even if its scouting the UK or running the SFA. France have Platini, Germany have Beckanbauer (sp) but we have a dumpling Taylor in charge who doesnt know a football from a snooker ball.

Good luck to Eck though, good appointment for manager but get a good coaching team in with you to continue Walter's good foundation.

We lead the group and can probably afford to lose in France and Italy if we win our other games as those 2 still need to play each other and we are capable of beating Italy at hampden.

But I really think Tam Burns should have been treated better and still be assistant. The thought of Cheesy Watsit being a national assistant manager with his track record is amatuer.

Tam Burns said he had served his apprenticeship and wasn't interested in being second fiddle to someone else.

He wanted the manager's job, not the assistant - so even if they offered him the assistant's job he would turn it down.

Tam Burns said he had served his apprenticeship and wasn't interested in being second fiddle to someone else.

He wanted the manager's job, not the assistant - so even if they offered him the assistant's job he would turn it down.

Looks like i ruined the bet u were gonna put on mate :o

sorry

Looks like i ruined the bet u were gonna put on mate :o

sorry

Aye..... not a problem my man - I still owe you those couple of pints, hold me to it !

Funny how it all panned out, and not a worry as the odds had slid to 4/1 by the time I got to trying to put the bet on - even so 100 quid at that would have been nice !

Wish the big fella all the best from me !

Looks like McLeish will be announced today.

At least we will get to see close to hand if he does any dodgy selections and formations :D

Gary McAllister will be a good appointment along side him, but there are rumours that Roy Aitken could be involved.

We top our qualifying group and Walter has left a good ground to work on, unlike when he came in to deal with the mess Berti left.

So new excuses to not still topping the group come October ;)