Next Scotland Manager

What about Sven?

OK bad idea, but there are surely a few good managers out there with some kind of decent track record. Now Eck I feel would be the pick of the home grown. Burn's wants to keep his C****c job, so they can't offer him it on a part time basis.

I think GG has been out of management for a bit too long to go straight into this job. Jordan would do a pretty good job though IMO. I'd still prefer Burns to get it at the moment though.

If your pro Burns can you perhaps comment on the points I made about the last time he embarassed our country?

I think there are only five Scottish managers who have the true credentials for the Scotland job. They have all won a top league and have vast experience.

They are:

Walter Smith

Alex Ferguson

George Graham

Kenny Dalgliesh

Graeme Souness

Walter has already left and Ferguson would never take the job while at Man U which leaves the last three.

Souness is embroiled in a Wolves take over and like Dalgliesh soured his reputation with Newcastle while Kenny's hit rock bottom after the toon with Celtic.

George Graham is a fine manager but for seem reason seems to have disapeared from football after Spurs and never seems to be mentioned. He is the best candidate in my eyes.

Out of the rest, the only one that has won much is Eck... which probably makes him the best man for the job even though I don't rate him at all.

Burns never won the league and what has MacAllister done in management?

I'm surprised more successful managers like Mark McGhee haven't been mentioned as at least he's done something.

Billy Davies looks good for the future but give the guy a chance to do something in club football first.

Levein hasn't really achieved anything yet either and has just moved to a new job where he looks like he could prove himself. Let him do that and let him finish the job he started, after all it could just be a lucky blip.

Jimmy Calderwood is an experienced, respected man but he seems to have underperformed at Aberdeen and needs to show that he can achieve more.

David Moyes is also yet to do anything of real note and should be given a chance to do so first and besides I don't think they could match his wage.

George Burley is probably the one guy who has done something respectable in Europe although he is proving himself again with Southampton. But at least he is consistently successful and very experienced.

So one of the old guard or Burley for me.

Failing that, Eck is head and shoulders above the rest which says a lot about our list of candidates.

If your pro Burns can you perhaps comment on the points I made about the last time he embarassed our country?

I wouldnt exactly call myself Pro-Burns.... far from it. If not manager then stay on as a coach. He's been with the team for a long time, worked under Vogts and Smith so he can probably see the error of Vogts ways compared to Smiths'.

There are other candidates, but i think Burns should be in for a shout at least.

Bringing in someone like McAllister would be the worst thing to do IMO, he has alot to learn before he can take over the reigns of such a task as this is.

Also, good shout Calscot on Burley (if someone mentioned Burley before in this thread i cant remember :P ).

I think there are only five Scottish managers who have the true credentials for the Scotland job. They have all won a top league and have vast experience.

They are:

Walter Smith

Alex Ferguson

George Graham

Kenny Dalgliesh

Graeme Souness

Walter has already left and Ferguson would never take the job while at Man U which leaves the last three.

Souness is embroiled in a Wolves take over and like Dalgliesh soured his reputation with Newcastle while Kenny's hit rock bottom after the toon with Celtic.

George Graham is a fine manager but for seem reason seems to have disapeared from football after Spurs and never seems to be mentioned. He is the best candidate in my eyes.

Out of the rest, the only one that has won much is Eck... which probably makes him the best man for the job even though I don't rate him at all.

Burns never won the league and what has MacAllister done in management?

I'm surprised more successful managers like Mark McGhee haven't been mentioned as at least he's done something.

Billy Davies looks good for the future but give the guy a chance to do something in club football first.

Levein hasn't really achieved anything yet either and has just moved to a new job where he looks like he could prove himself. Let him do that and let him finish the job he started, after all it could just be a lucky blip.

Jimmy Calderwood is an experienced, respected man but he seems to have underperformed at Aberdeen and needs to show that he can achieve more.

David Moyes is also yet to do anything of real note and should be given a chance to do so first and besides I don't think they could match his wage.

George Burley is probably the one guy who has done something respectable in Europe although he is proving himself again with Southampton. But at least he is consistently successful and very experienced.

So one of the old guard or Burley for me.

Failing that, Eck is head and shoulders above the rest which says a lot about our list of candidates.

What has Mark McGhee done??

what European success has Burley had?

You say George Graham is the best, then you say Eck is head and shoulders above the rest, then you pick Burley???

Bizarre

• 2 weeks later...