Next Scotland Manager

The question is does Souness want to be manager or chairman or director of football, etc?

He could be Chairman of Wolves and Scotland manager, and we could see Wolves turned into a team of Scottish internationals.

I actually don't see it as being what does Souness want to do but what do the SFA want.

If Souness is Chairman of Wlves then the SFA simply won't allow him to be national team coach (if they are consistent with their "national team coach needs to be full time" position ala Walter Smith).

Chairman can take up as much, if not more, of your time than being a manager can.

I would hope Burns would go to, but I expect he'll take it on for the next few games.

The man cannot be trusted to manage the national teams affairs after the Sweden debacle.

We got gubbed 4-1, the 1 coming from the penalty spot that was probably given out of sympathy. Soft as anything.

He randomly brought int Marshall who was rarely playing, if at all and Pearson who wasn't kicking a ball in anger either. How can guys who were no where near playing for their club sides be brought straight into teh national team starting line up. The examples of naymsith are different because he was genuinely the best player available who already had a lot of experience of international football. (Beleive there may have ben a third random call up but can't remember off the top of my head now.)

The man cannot be trusted because he wont pick the best players for Scotland but try and do his club side a favour instead. Absolute scum bag imo.

Despite the fact that Tommy Burns is part of the national team set up and has been for a number of years I have reservations about him being given the managers job. I know he has managed Kilmarnock and Celtic in the past but to me he seems happier in the role of assistant as his work with Scotland and now back at Celtic shows. If he really wanted to get back into management there have been plenty of opportunites in Scotland over last few years which would have allowed him to.

Malky

Going on the fact that i don't think a manager with a club would take the job,i would go for George Graham. Burns is no more than an assistant and should not get the chance. We would have to get a translator in for the press conferences.

I agree if jefferies would leave Killie to take it on he would be a good choice imo.

Eck- Possibly if someone else decides the tactics.

Going on the fact that i don't think a manager with a club would take the job,i would go for George Graham. Burns is no more than an assistant and should not get the chance. We would have to get a translator in for the press conferences.

I agree if jefferies would leave Killie to take it on he would be a good choice imo.

Eck- Possibly if someone else decides the tactics.

Yeah id be very happy with Graham.

Eck might be ok coz he showed at Motherwell and Hibs he can deal with Scottish players better than foreigners. But i cringe at the thought of Andy Watson being assistant national manger.