What if the wrong sort gets overall control?

What then?

Some may say the wrong sort have already got control. Donald Findlay for one seemed to suggest this.

However I do think someone or some organisation does need to be able to call the shots without the behind-the-scenes negotiations we've got at present

What if the wrong sort gets overall control?

What then?

You are not telling me the Rangers support are the right kind surely? Look at the state they have allowed our club to get in, we can't agree on anything.

For me, in my opinion, sole ownership is the only way out of this for us. Not fans, they have been found wanting, not consortiums, they don't work, one man. What if it's the wrong sort? Surely it's upto the Rangers family, all 5.5million of them to make it's the right sort that steps up?

Our fans wouldn't know what to do with our club, they couldn't raise two bob, they can't agree on anything and too many revel in badmouthing fellow groups. Fans are shouting about investment, spending tens of millions to challenge Celtic, where are fans going to get money like that? We're turning over about £20m a year, peanuts in relation to Celtic. The fans couldn't come up with a poxy £5m to buy the club when we were in admin, they couldn't raise the £1 plus £18m to buy it off SDM, they refused to give Green £14m for a majority shareholding last year, they have sat back and watched the heart and soul be ripped out of the club and done nothing but release divisive nonsense to the press and arrange one pointless protest after another. It's boring.

Some may say the wrong sort have already got control. Donald Findlay for one seemed to suggest this.

However I do think someone or some organisation does need to be able to call the shots without the behind-the-scenes negotiations we've got at present

As with everything else at Rangers, ownership is key.

If we leave the door open to the wrong sort, the wrong sort will stroll on in.

Only fan ownership can stop this. We don't need a private owner that we can't get rid of - we need an elected president who we can replace if we don't like him - or her.

You are not telling me the Rangers support are the right kind surely? Look at the state they have allowed our club to get in, we can't agree on anything.

For me, in my opinion, sole ownership is the only way out of this for us. Not fans, they have been found wanting, not consortiums, they don't work, one man. What if it's the wrong sort? Surely it's upto the Rangers family, all 5.5million of them to make it's the right sort that steps up?

Our fans wouldn't know what to do with our club, they couldn't raise two bob, they can't agree on anything and too many revel in badmouthing fellow groups. Fans are shouting about investment, spending tens of millions to challenge Celtic, where are fans going to get money like that? We're turning over about £20m a year, peanuts in relation to Celtic. The fans couldn't come up with a poxy £5m to buy the club when we were in admin, they couldn't raise the £1 plus £18m to buy it off SDM, they refused to give Green £14m for a majority shareholding last year, they have sat back and watched the heart and soul be ripped out of the club and done nothing but release divisive nonsense to the press and arrange one pointless protest after another. It's boring.

That's a depressing read. Not saying it's inaccurate, bu sure as hell is a downer

It isn't fan ownership that has brought us to this. It's having inappropriate private ownership.

You can complain endlessly about failures of different groups to make a difference, but they have at least tried. Yes, RFFF was a waste of space and an unfortunate distraction, and so was the Assembly - and so will this latest fan board be - but the fan ownership message was put out there over ten years ago and many looked the other way.

Those fans who have not participated in finding a solution are arguably more at fault than those who have tried and failed.

If fan ownership ever happens, many will wonder why it took so long and why there were Rangers fans opposed to it - and there will be no going back.

True enough, but what can he do. He does not want to invest in anything but the club/squad et al anyway and where one income stream dries up, something else will sure arise. You would assume that both chaps are tall enough to - once a decision has been reached - speak with one another and strike a deal that will suit both. Obviously, all depends on the various deals in place (and whether they are challengable), with Ashley holding an "ace" with regards to the naming rights stuff. But especially with the latter, one would have to see how that rather strange thing can be dealt with. We ... are left to the waiting game again, our main leverage being a boycott of the stores et al.

Such as...?

It isn't fan ownership that has brought us to this. It's having inappropriate private ownership.

You can complain endlessly about failures of different groups to make a difference, but they have at least tried. Yes, RFFF was a waste of space and an unfortunate distraction, and so was the Assembly - and so will this latest fan board be - but the fan ownership message was put out there over ten years ago and many looked the other way.

Those fans who have not participated in finding a solution are arguably more at fault than those who have tried and failed.

If fan ownership ever happens, many will wonder why it took so long and why there were Rangers fans opposed to it - and there will be no going back.

I understand that Hildy but as a fanbase we have let it happen. What did we really do to stop Whytes takeover or Greens consortium taking over? Where were the fans when Murray put the club up for sale 6/7/8 years ago? We had people buying into Craig Whytes tenure for crying out loud when the alarm bells were going off everywhere. We had fans supporting and buying into Charles Green even after he said he was only here to make money and we were being told by so many Rangers minded individuals not to trust him. Fans didn't want to listen.

You say fan ownership message has been out for 10 years but it hasn't really set the heather on fire has it? We are only hearing about it now because we are so desperate. 10 years is surely long enough for a fan base of alleged millions to buy into the club enough to secure it's long term future.

In my opinion, if fan ownership ever happens then God help us. That is only my opinion. Sections of our support are as toxic as this current regime in my opinion. Rangers at heart or not.

What annoys me in all of this though is the silence and disappearance of alleged Rangers men who actually have the wealth and means to help us. On the bandwagon during 9IAR, Uefa Cup runs, Champions League nights, SPL title wins but nowhere to be seen when the glitz and glamour ain't there anymore. Your Parks, Kings, Lewis', McColls, Hunters etc etc. Is that the only multi millionaires we have within our alleged huge worldwide diaspora. Even ex-players who have made multi millions from their time at our club and in the game who claim we are their club, where were they? Where are they? Perhaps we are just not as big or as popular as we thought we were? Maybe the 5.5 million fans thing is indeed a myth and the limit of our support is the 250000 fans who turned up in Manchester. If that is indeed the case we can forget about ever competing with Celtic again, fan or sole ownership.

I understand that Hildy but as a fanbase we have let it happen. What did we really do to stop Whytes takeover or Greens consortium taking over? Where were the fans when Murray put the club up for sale 6/7/8 years ago? We had people buying into Craig Whytes tenure for crying out loud when the alarm bells were going off everywhere. We had fans supporting and buying into Charles Green even after he said he was only here to make money and we were being told by so many Rangers minded individuals not to trust him. Fans didn't want to listen.

You say fan ownership message has been out for 10 years but it hasn't really set the heather on fire has it? We are only hearing about it now because we are so desperate. 10 years is surely long enough for a fan base of alleged millions to buy into the club enough to secure it's long term future.

In my opinion, if fan ownership ever happens then God help us. That is only my opinion. Sections of our support are as toxic as this current regime in my opinion. Rangers at heart or not.

What annoys me in all of this though is the silence and disappearance of alleged Rangers men who actually have the wealth and means to help us. On the bandwagon during 9IAR, Uefa Cup runs, Champions League nights, SPL title wins but nowhere to be seen when the glitz and glamour ain't there anymore. Your Parks, Kings, Lewis', McColls, Hunters etc etc. Is that the only multi millionaires we have within our alleged huge worldwide diaspora. Even ex-players who have made multi millions from their time at our club and in the game who claim we are their club, where were they? Where are they? Perhaps we are just not as big or as popular as we thought we were? Maybe the 5.5 million fans thing is indeed a myth and the limit of our support is the 250000 fans who turned up in Manchester. If that is indeed the case we can forget about ever competing with Celtic again, fan or sole ownership.

Sitting back and saying that 'we need someone to take overall control' is not offering a solution. It is an exercise in wishful thinking. It is no more than belly-rumbling.

Anyone can do that: we need a rich guy to pay all our bills, sign top players, pay them exorbitant sums and write blank cheques. See, I just did it too. You need an IQ similar to that of a gorilla with learning difficulties to come up with that - and I mean no disrespect to anyone when I say so.

The culture of the Rangers support is naturally subservient. It wants Churchill at the helm. It doesn't want the rank and file being promoted to a level where it gets above itself. Fan ownership means taking responsibility instead of tugging forelocks. It means having the self-belief and confidence to safeguard the club forever.

Rangers cannot be protected forever while ownership is random and unpredictable. People want the club to plan ahead. This isn't possible when it can be sold on a whim - and bought on a whim.

Who on the current Rangers board would we have elected? Not one of them, and yet these non-Rangers people are supposed to have plans that coincide with yours? This is fantasy. The club has been handed over to hedge funds and money men.

Until the club becomes the property of those who care for it the most, the kind of unedifying spectacle that has been witnessed in the last few years will continue until the party is finally over.

People like you will have to get to grips with the fact that Rangers has no business being the property of random passing charlatans: ever.

And so will thousands of others.

I agree with some of what you are saying here but the support very easily could have raised the 5.5M that ****co paid BUT they would NEVER have been allowed to buy the club

The whole process was a sham.